Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 pm 

So I was wondering which would be my options with these criteria:

- fits cabin baggage
- one body with a tele attached, one additional lens, flash
- clothing for a couple days
- little stuff 8)
- a backbag

Was looking at some tamrac and lowepro, but ng earth explorer medium seems to be a superior choice.. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:19 pm 
Have a look at this: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flyingwithfish/2009/10/14/511-tactical-rush-24-backpack-a-great-multipurpose-travel-companion/

Or though it's a tactical bag and not designed for putting cameras inside it it's tough, has lots of pockets and it doesn't make people think you are a photographer but rather a camper so stealing your bag won't seem so rewarding to them. A good feature if you are traveling to certain places.

There are other great bags from lowepro, thinktak, tamrac, crumpler, etc but many are expensive and scream camerabag.

If you like the idea of tactical bags there are many companies. 511, Maxpedition and blackhawk are some of them.

I'm planning to buy a 511 rush 72 backpack and put a lowepro toploader 75AW inside after I buy my DSLR. That might happen sometime around July-august so don't expect a review from me until then. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:45 am 

Thanks, gotta take a look!

Does anyone have the Kata 3n1-30? There's a plenty of reviews of that 20 vers, but I've seen none of those about the 3n1-30? Videos, please 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm 
I've used a Kata 3N1-30 for over a year now. It's been the best travel bag I've used. I used to travel with a Lowpro Rover AWII but I found it uncomfortable, difficult to get into (you have to take it off to access the camera compartment), and the top section too small. With the Kata 3N1-30 I carry a Canon 50D with a 70-300mm attached, a 28-135mm, a 55-200mm, and a Speedlite 580EX in the camera compartment. Camera compartment can be setup to be accessed from either the left or the right side, not just the front. What made this the real winner for me is you can configure the straps to be dual (like a regular pack), sling (left or right), or cross. I like the sling setup the best. I can quickly swing the pack over to access the side panel and grab the camera without taking the pack off. Easy access. The top section could hold a days change of clothes. I've flown several times using the bag as a carry on, without any trouble. Another nice feature is the handle strap at the top. So you can carry the bag easily, which is nice going through security so you don't have to keep putting it on and taking it off. There is plenty of room for the various filters, extra batteries, cleaning equipment, and other bric a brac I carry in the side pouches. The camera section is well padded and with the multiple access panels easy to use. I also find this bag very comfortable to walk around with, and there is a waist belt you can use for really long trips. All the straps can be tucked into the bag for when they aren't in use. A great travel camera bag. I don't think it looks like a camera bag, but I have worn the bag on my front with the straps in a x configuration when I was worried about quick hands trying to get into it. Sorry no video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:38 pm 

Yea I just went to a local store to try that kata, seemed to be a very nice pro quality bag. Taking with me just a body with a lens and another lens, and a flash, I could use some of that camera compartment to store some clothing. I think I'm going for that one :wink: