Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pentax K7 review
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 pm 
Hi Gordon,

I really like your website! Actually I got my self fascinated about photography even more after looking the different reviews and possibilities in your website. I am wondering if you have in mind to make a review about the pentax K7 . I noticed that this a really good camera in spite of the low ISO performance but I would like to know your opinion.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:08 am 
rei_vilo did an excellent user review of the Pentax K7 here: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18373

But it would be interesting if Gordon did a review when he has time. :P

But maybe Pentax isn't giving test samples or something.

Post subject: Pentax K7 Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:23 am 
Hi agun,

Thanks for the link! Really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi rdettogni, sadly not - see the sticky post in the Pentax section (where I've also moved your message!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:41 pm 

Bonjour rdettogni,

The Pentax K7 is my 3rd Pentax dSLT after the *ist DL and the K10D.

The Pentax K7 is an amazing camera with incredible picture quality and an endless list of features.

Unlike the Pentax K10D, the K7 sports scene modes, thus making shooting easier for beginners. For advanced users, the wide range of manual controls offers a whole world for creativity.

Now, if you buy the Pentax K7, please consider the DA* lenses. It would really a pity not to bring the sensor the lenses it deserves :wink: .

Don't hesitate to tell us more about your hobby and the pictures you'd like to take. Check also the :arrow: Photography section on my website.

Enjoy :)

Last edited by rei_vilo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:42 pm 

Bonjour agun,

agun wrote:
rei_vilo did an excellent user review of the Pentax K7 here: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18373

You're welcome :)

Thanks for the accolade :wink:

Pentax marketing doesn't seem to be very punchy :roll:

Post subject: Pentax K7 Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm 
Bonjour rei_vilo,

Thanks for the reply!! Yes I really want to buy the K7 with the kit lens and the D* 50-135. After that buy the D* 18-50 or a really fast prime lens. I am ecologist and most of my photos are about landscapes and nature portrait. But my "passion" in photography is about street photography and people portrait. Do you think the D* 18-50 is good for these last two subjects??? Do you have any suggestion??? Your site is really interesting, thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:23 pm 

Bonsoir rdettogni,

The DA* 50-135mm is a great lens, especially for its wide f/2.8 constant aperture, the zoom moving inside, and the versatility of the focal length 75-200mm in 24x36 equivalent. I really enjoy taking portraits in family meeting in a very discreet way thanks to the zoom. Landscapes are fine too.
Image Image

You may consider instead the DA* 60-250mm as a suitable alternative, with a f/4 constant aperture and the extra-zoom up to 375mm, perfect to take wild-life pictures, like birds and animals. Difference between 50 and 60mm is minimal.

The DA* 18-50mm is just perfect for architecture, macro and portraits, this time in a more official way.
Image Image

One great feature of the K7 is the huge size of the pictures with 14 M pixels. So cropping out a 6 M pixels picture is not an issue.

So the DA* 50-135 seems an excellent compromise to start with, the DA* 16-50mm being the perfect complement.

Post subject: Pentax K7 review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:22 pm 
"Boa Tarde" rei_vilo,

Merci mon cher ami! Pour un I, tandis que j'habite aux Etats-Unis mais l'année prochaine je serai de retour dans mon pays natal le Brésil, Rio de Janeiro, où je crois que de magnifiques photos, se posera.

Je vous remercie beaucoup pour les conseils!

I will follow you in the Forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:54 pm 

Obrigado :)