Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our User Reviews forum! This is the place where you can tell us what you think of equipment you've bought.

Cameras, lenses, flashes, tripods, software, bags or even filters - we want to know what you think!

User reviews could be articles explaining how your came to your decision and how it's working out for you, or simply just short bullet points saying what you like or don't like about your purchase. The only condition is you've actually bought and used the gear.

Example images (or links to them) illustrating good or bad aspects of are also very welcome, as are updates letting us know how the kit's working out over time. If you could turn back the clock for instance, would you buy it again?

So tell us all what you think about your purchase and whether you'd recommend it to fellow Cameralabs readers!

Many of you have already kindly posted reviews of your equipment and we'll be moving these to this forum over time. If your report on a piece of equipment is deep within someone else's post, please feel free to copy and paste your comments in a new post here. It makes them easier to find!

Thanks again and we all look forward to hearing what YOU think of your gear!

Gordon Laing, Editor
www.cameralabs.com

Post subject: Great idea!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:32 am 

Bonjour Gordon,

A dedicated user review space is a great idea. :idea:

Do you plan to add another page to the official reviews summarising the feed-back provided by the user?

Best regards from France,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rei, this is something I've certainly been thinking about, and this new forum is the most natural way of presenting it right now. I am of course always open to feedback and suggestions though!

What does everyone think of the User Reviews section and is there anything you'd do to improve, or perhaps formalise it?

I must admit I like the way it isn't formalised at the moment, so people can provide very detailed or very short posts depending on their style...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:27 am 

Gordon,

The ideal would be combining both!

When I picked my new K10D camera and started using it, I wasn't sure who (I) or what (the camera) was responsible for the results I had. :?

Since you are dealing with so many cameras, you could help us finding the causes and sharing the responsibilities between the camera and the user! :wink:

Best regards,

Last edited by rei_vilo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:46 pm 
I already posted 3 review ! I can't post more review than the stuff i have, but i LOVE to review !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cr4zYH3aD, it's great to read your reviews!

It would also be great if you could update them in a few weeks or months as you become more familiar with them - sometimes something you love at first isn't so great after a while - or equally something you thought was just ok at first turns out to have this really neat feature you discover after a few months of use!

Cheers!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:26 pm 
No problem !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:37 pm 

You're very welcome to show/link your photos here.
When you do, please follow these hints/tips:
1. Place your photos somewhere (like flickr, or your own website). You cannot store pictures at the Camera labs website!
2. If you just want to link to your pics, that's easy! Use the following scheme:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][u]your-descriptive-text[/u][/url]
or more simple [url=link2pic][u]text[/u][/url]
3. If you want your photo to be displayed in your post with a link to the original, replace the descriptive text by the address for your thumbnail like this:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/937299495_d694ab84a1_m.jpg[/img][/url]
or more simple [url=link2web][img]link2thumbnail[/img][/url]

Please keep your thumbnails small i.e. 1024 pix max on each side!

Post subject: hello every one
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:56 am 
A clapper loader, second assistant camera (2nd AC) or simply loader, is part of a film crew, whose main functions are that of loading the raw film stock into camera magazines, operating the clapperboard (slate) at the beginning of each take, marking the actors as necessary, and maintaining all records and paperwork for the camera department.

Post subject: hello every one
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am 
A clapper loader, second assistant camera (2nd AC) or simply loader, is part of a film crew, whose main functions are that of loading the raw film stock into camera magazines, operating the clapperboard (slate) at the beginning of each take, marking the actors as necessary, and maintaining all records and paperwork for the camera department.

Clark
mcse
USA