Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Andreas, sometimes Vimeo can be naughty. Non-pro accounts convert everything to MPEG-4, but Pro accounts, like mine, should keep the original format. BUT sometimes it renames the file extension, especially when downloading via IE.

So try downloading the file via Firefox to see if the original MOV file extension is preserved. If not, try simply renaming the file to MOV, as the data itself may be the same - the original file measured 172MB, so if the one you downloaded is the same size, it should be the same file.

As for Premiere, you may need to download a codec for it to properly handle Motion JPEG. I needed to do this for Nikon's bodies and found the Main Concept Motion JPEG codec worked a treat. I also found that having ffdshow on my system really mucked things up for Premiere, so if you have it, you may want to uninstall it.

http://www.mainconcept.com/site/prosume ... n-797.html

Gordon

Post subject: AVCHD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 pm 
Andreas, Hi.
My 2 cents:
With the AVCHD Lite format being far more modern and efficient (it uses far less storage space), most FZ38/35 users are now reportedly recording with this format.
Many are reporting excellent results writing onto standard DVD disks (using the supplied Panasonic PhotoFunStudio software) and playing on BlueRay players. There are those that criticize AVCHD, but the world is definitely moving in that direction and it is truly a superb format with enhanced sound quality compared to the older Motion JPEG.
There are users that are converting to AVI, but in time I think that people will accept the new format and stick to the higher quality AVCHD. Windows 7 PC users will automatically find that their systems work well with AVCHD, but older PC users will probably need to download the necessary codec.
I have no idea why you have not had success with Motion JPEG, this is the first time I have heard of such problems!

You will find that the FZ38/35 is a great camera with a lot of very satisfied and keen owners out there!
Regards

Post subject: Lenses
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm 
Hi wondering if anyone has any particular lens extensions or filters they would suggest ive looked at some packages on amazon. Looking for a wide angle/ telephoto and macro add on. and then some filters at a good price thanks in advance

Post subject: FZ35 vs. TZ10?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 pm 
Dear all,

I'm in the market for a new camera, either a compact superzoom or a bridge camera. I'm in a bit of a quandary whether to buy the FZ35 or wait a few more weeks and then buy the newly released TZ10. I've already written my whole story in the TZ10 thread:
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... 906#178906
I wanted to include the readers of this thread as well, but in order to avoid cross- or double-posting, I thought I'd just give the link here, and would appreciate your posting any answers/comments/suggestions in the TZ10 thread.

Many thanks, and kind regards from Pretoria, South Africa.
Mark

Post subject: Alea iacta est
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 pm 
Alea iacta est - the die has been cast: an FZ35 it will be! I'm really looking forward to the new camera.

Thanks to all who helped me with information.

Regards,
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:32 pm 
Hello , still looking for a memory card SDHC Sandisk Ultra III , is that the model or it's just Ultra II ?? can't find it that model ultra III

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm 
... up they ask for any kind of external
flash, ok, i´m using an old metz 45
with slave-cell. i did a small screen to
blind build-in flash, (i need his shoot for
metz).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2760/443 ... c609_o.jpg

before i had fz28. i deleted pic in sd-cam from
my pc. but with fz38 i cant do that.

does anyone know what is happening?
thanks so much and sorry for
my bad english
.pablo.

Last edited by .pablo. on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm 

Hello .pablo.

I just now deleted a photo from the sd card in my FZ35 through laptop and it worked perfectly well.
Plz reconfirm if there is any issue with your camera or in case you had the pic open for viewing while trying to delete. If the photo is accessed by another application, then it will not be possible to delete it from card.

Regards,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46710427@N07/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 pm 
... thanks for answering

pics are not opened in another aplication.
i connect cam and pc by wire. i close all
programs. i open brownser of windows,
ask for delete any pic and a error message appears.

curiously i can delete them from pc with
photo fun studio (app of panasonic for lumix)

problem is not because card, i get out
card and record pics in mem-in and pc
neither can erase them

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:20 pm 
Hi for all !

Someone knows why auto focus of Panasonic FZ35 fail a lot (movie mode) when zoom in and zoom out ? Is this happen with others FZ35 ? I tried others setup with no success, always inaccurate focus.
Bad to know that any cheap camera or camcorder make autofocus better. No reason to happen that camera with average price US$ 350,00
Will Panasonic release new firmware fo fix that ?

Cheers,

Carlos

ps: check video to see:
http://vimeo.com/11715856

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm 
It will happen for get a better focus press the buttom Focus before start the recording, a green square appears on the screen after that try move the zoom in and out You will see a better focus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:46 am 
Hi crazyjazz ! How are you ? Thanks for message.
I think "focus button" do not help much because a event "lost focus" happen when zoom is being executed. Also when I am making video one stalled object, auto focus do variations, making strange look.
This is a project fail of FZ35, no solution.

Cheers,

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:58 pm 
I think find a solution for get a better focus In Movie Mode
Try this.With the dial Mode in Movie press Menu/Set
Settings:

Iso Sensitivity =Auto
Iso Limit=Auto
WB=Auto
Modo AF=Central
C-af AF Continious=ON
AF/AE Lock=AF
Metering=Full
Exposure Intel= OFF
Zoom D=Off
Estabilization= Mode1

Tell me how it works ,good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:49 pm 
Hello crazyjazz ! Thank you for information.
Is better but not perfect like others regular digital cameras.
I will put video at video site to show more details.

Cheers,
Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:18 am 
You can use a manual focus too check this video I just made it for example

Video

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next