Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 pm 
I just bought this tripod and it has so far been very pleasing. The ballhead was bundled with it. As was a simple bag for carrying it around.

The legs are in three parts with the lowermost leg having a diameter of 2 centimeters. despite being very light due to its alluminum construction, it feels pretty sturdy, even extended to its full height. I understand carbonfiber is actually less wobbly and lighter, but there was nothing in my price ranger in carbon that day. the legs do get a little rubbery though, especially when standing on a very flat surface, like a floor. But against something more substancial, it's tough. I did notice that with my 70-300 lens fully extended, the system started vibrating and I was forced to use a 2 second timer, but that's always a good idea anyway. This was not necessary with a shorter lens though.

The ball head is fabulous. There is no lever, but instead just a nob. I found this annoying in the beginning, but it actually does improve handling quite a bit. all sorts of angles become possible and you keep the same grip while moving around. It also helps when you store it and take it in and out of bags, as its harder for it get entangled.

I got it for just over a hundred Euro.. Let me know what you think of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm 

Some pictures would be nice :)