Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A lensbaby in the city
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 am 
Hey y'all

I've borrowed a lensbaby for the weekend and I'm having a blast with this exciting little lens. All the following shots were taken in Kansas City, at night.

1. The best burges in town 2. Buy Me! 3. Put some colors into it

Image Image Image

You can click through to enlarge them. As a first time user of a lensbaby, I'd be happy to get some feedback.

Have a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:24 pm 
happy feedback. great shots Quentin... I like the crayola best, the burger is vary nice I like the light on the left being stretch

Very interesting lens, how easy is it to use, sorry for asking but to aim on your object threw the view finder at night seems to me pretty hard unless you've got a big live view panel, just wondering....

Do you have any photos of parked cars with a lens baby (so the car would look like it's moving).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 am 
Thanks lowliferider

A lensbaby is actually quite easy to us, and its as easy to see through it at night any other lens. Of course you have to take more pictures of the same subject than you usually would. Since you are the one focusing, its never spot on the first time.

You can see how to use it here

I'll to try the parked car pic next time I borrow this lens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 pm 

HI Q u e n t i n !

Very interesting pictures!
lensbaby Beautiful! What is your camera? You shoot in AUTO? If not, in what mode? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 pm 
Hi there Oleg,

I'm proud owner of the Nikon D80! When you mount a lensbaby to the camera body, there is no "click" sound when it is fully attached. This indicates that the lens isn't recognized by the camera as actually being a lens so you must use the Manual mode to shoot with it.
You cannot set the aperture of the lensbaby with your camera, so all you have to worry about is the shutter speed and the ISO (and other details of course). Normally lensbabies are provided with magnetic rings of different widths that you drop in front of the lens to modify the aperture (but I didn't have any of those). All focus is achieved thanks to the twisting and bending!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm 

HI Quentin :D

Thank you! very detailed and interesting report! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm 
Thank you quentin for replying... if you do try the parked car let me know threw PM... all the best