Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:48 pm 
wouldnt you need a tripod with a panning function for that? Or am i getting the wrong idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:52 pm 
roland wrote:
What about 'Panning' ?

It allows for a wide range of subject matter and means we'll be able to practice and improve the technique also.

I think that's a good idea. However, although most users who post submissions use a dslr, such a technique would be unattainable by those who use a P&S camera. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:04 pm 
and those without a tripod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:12 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
and those without a tripod?

well... panning can be done handheld.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:43 pm 
haha true, true i guess i figured it to be more a term associated with film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:16 am 
yes, good point re those shooting with P&S's.

since we have members all around the globe here, maybe we could do something to show our local culture/people/community? Maybe just call it 'Local' or 'Home'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:33 am 
i like that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:25 pm 
Definitely agree with the "home" or local culture one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:13 am 
Product Shots.

Send in your picture of your gear. It doesn't have to be all of it just some of you lenses or something. By not putting it all in you will be able to take a decent picture that isn't from a P&S. Like this one I just took...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 am 
Site Admin

I quite like that idea Nathan...

But right now, are we in agreement that the person who wins the assignment that's currently being polled (ie November), is the one who gets to choose the next one (ie for January)?

We also need to agree on how long the polls should run for. It has to be less than a month so the winner has a chance to set the next assignment...

How about from now on we run each poll for 3 weeks? Which - ahem - means we're a bit overdue on Novembers, but despite a close second from James H, it looks like Luis is the winner!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:49 pm 
I guess I've been proven wrong about not having many entries beyond the second week. Great! :)

Four weeks for each theme and then three weeks for voting sounds fine.

However, I feel that each "post you entries here" thread should be locked when the closing date comes. Discussion threads should be left open, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:54 pm 

luis wrote:
...However, I feel that each "post you entries here" thread should be locked when the closing date comes. Discussion threads should be left open, of course.

I think the problem with that is that the thread still has to be unlocked to allow voting.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:44 am 
Site Admin

We can lock them after the poll closes... and obviously any extra images submitted after the closing date can be enjoyed, but won't be on the poll...

So Luis, are you up for coming up with the next subject for January? (or using one that's been suggested here?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:36 am 
Here goes. Theme for the January "on assignment" task: love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:46 am 
Suggestion for February theme....
My idea for February is that U take picture of your living place. Try with just one photograph describe your town in a best way U can.

Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next