Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 pm 
This week end was held an international dog sleight race in my home town.
Crazy ambiance, dogs are hungry a for run on the frozen lake. Anyway here a few shots... most of them are at f-7 100 ISO (finding too much noise in the clouds) hey I'm an amateur in photography. If a blue sky was there, and the possibility to be at a better shooting place.

All comments are welcomed.

By the way the guy in the back was always walking so I can get him the picture, he asked me after which paper I was working for, he was disappointed to know that I was just shooting for my personal purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:25 pm 
A blue sky isn't always welcome because of the high contrast it generates you know... In fact a I think that those clouds really give a cold and adventurous feel to your shots. If there had been a blue sky the race would have appeared much like a walk in the park, if you see what I mean. My favorite composition is in number 3. You managed to fill the shot with a dynamic catch; you start looking at the first two dogs and progressively go deeper into the the picture as you follow down the next dogs. Plus you can see they really are giving it all they got to reach the lake.
Did you try shooting from another location because the background is distracting. Also, did you try any panning shots? I wonder how those could turn out.

Good job and keep it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 pm 

awesome shots... I really like 1 and 3.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 am 
And today I did the finish line... I was wondering how the dogs would look like... but the problem is the location, the entire lake is surrounded by condos or houses...
I would like to thank you all for the great comments, by the way it was much colder and windy, and didn't have any gloves...