Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: nikon d40
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:16 pm 
hi , i only got my d40 yesterday (25/12/07) and it is great i really love it i like to photograph motor sports so i tried the shutter speeds out i got my dad to hold a r/c helecopter while it was going i set the camera to 1/500, f5.6, 48mm, iso 1600 and flash. I was amased that it just froze the blades in action and later on i went for a walk a there were some berries on a tree so i tried some close up shots and there were great im realy pleased with the d40. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 pm 
nice one, im glad you like your new camera! I also had a DSLR for Christmas and im loving it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:37 pm 
Welcome and congratulations on your new gear. :wink:

I think - although I'm not 100% sure - that the D40 forces a shutter speed of 1/60 sec while using the built-in flash. You could check a couple of the individual photos for their metadata, just to be sure of the actual shutter speed used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:21 am 
I also got the D40 for Christmas and I am happy with it so far. It is definatly an easy camera to use and it takes good pics. I just hope i don't get bored of it too fast and if I do, I'll buy a D300. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:39 pm 
i was in the snow 2day with the d40 i can never get board using it is so simple and does great pics but i still havnt wondered far from the house so i will have 2 go for a long walk some day to test it. :D [/img][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 am 

My friend bought one of these the other day and she was telling me that it takes bad pictures. I said to her do you have it on the lowest resolution, she said no it's the highest. After another few days of her telling my it's taking bad pictures i went over to see her, i took a few snaps myself, everything was good, i showed her.

I ask her to take a picture to see how she does it..

The problem, she's just a very shaky person in life, causing blurry pics.. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, don't forget we've got lots of tips on using your DSLR at our sister site www.dslrtips.com !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:29 pm 
luis wrote:
Welcome and congratulations on your new gear. :wink:

I think - although I'm not 100% sure - that the D40 forces a shutter speed of 1/60 sec while using the built-in flash. You could check a couple of the individual photos for their metadata, just to be sure of the actual shutter speed used.

nope the d40 can flash sync at 1/500.. atleast thats what the stats say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:34 am 
emp93 wrote:
nope the d40 can flash sync at 1/500.. at least thats what the stats say

:off-topic:
Hmm.... The D200 has 1/250th of a second

:On topic:
Congrats on your new camera!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:03 pm 
I think the built in flash is great 1/500 sec is amazing compared to other cameras i dont no if any other camera can do that (plz correct me if im wrong) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 am 
The D40 is indeed capable of taking flash-synced shots at 1/500sec and I'm not aware of any camera under 2000$ that can do that.

The D40X doesn't do that. The D3 has 1/250sec.

This feature is critical for freezing motion while using flash. It's also very useful for fill-flash in strong light - the exact purpose for the built-in flash.