Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm 
I am looking into moving to a sling bag. I am leaning towards the Kata 3N1 as I am left-handed and the LP Slingshot series is a bit unwieldy for me -- although not totally impossible. The Kata just seems a bit easier.

I am interested in actual owner experience. Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:51 am 
I've got the Slingshot 200, and really like it. It's very comfortable, roomy enough inside to carry around all my gear, including (with a bit of moving around some compartments, which is very easy) my 70-200 f4L, which is not a small lens. No complaints so far :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 am 

Quote:
I am leaning towards the Kata 3N1 as I am left-handed
I am left handed but that makes no difference when I use my D90 as I have to hold the grip in my right hand (unless I want the camera upside down). So yes the Kata lets you swing the bag around either shoulder but you only ever remove it from the bag with your right hand, so I went for a Lowepro Fastpack 350.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm 
Thanks for the feedback so far -- Yes - of course I have to pick up the camera with my right hand -- it's about swinging the case in front of me from a left handed perspective. To be honest, I like the build and robust feel of the Kata bag -- it seems better than the LowePro -- even though I already own 4 other LowePro bags/cases.