Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 pm 

Read this link & open the links within :shock:

LINK :D http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... s-old-verb
________
Honda CB1000

Last edited by splash on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm 

It is not an immediate way of saying dont use Photoshop, but to use it with care ;-) The Photoshop Disaster site is funny, and just shows that using a program is not the same as knowing how to use it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 pm 

Yes :D

Photoshop is very overpriced :? And as it says most of the buttons are never used.I know there nice to have IF you need them but its a business application.It also irritates me for pushing Apple which isnt as good as Linux & sells old tech hardware

Apples & photoshop are only interested in money

Ill stay with RAW "T" 8) Do i have to list my D-5000 :roll:
________
marijuana pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:39 pm 

I really made an effort to get used to phtoshop but I only mastered the photomerge function for panos and focus-stacks. I'm not even content with what I achieved with HDRing.
So I can understand when people despise Photoshop.
On the other hand: if you know what you're doing this is a very powerful tool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 pm 

:( Exactly

And to know how to use it means working with it daily, after at least a weeks course.

With film in the dark room i make prints use filters double exposure; normaly i make good prints without filters etc just a little dogging perhaps one perhaps four or five in a day.But only a dozen a month if that :shock:

Even learning to work in the dark room (alone) i made good prints,it would take an hour or two & many attempts to get just what i wanted :? But i could & can repeat it,an easier learning curve(and less costly overall)

With photoshop sitting in front of a large screen with all the possibilitys hidden and to remember every button pressed every change made even when noted doesn't help the next day or week :cry:

Even if i had photoshop im sure id still cut with scissors photocopy re-image and change :shock: Fun and get the image with a lot less stress 8)
________
Honda CT110

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm 

I got the book Ps CS3 classroom in a book after I got my copy of CS3 production premium. It is a nice book ;-) But this thread isn't exactly Nikon related I start to realize now :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:16 pm 

Hi splash,

This is the second thread you've started in the Nikon section that I've had to move. Please be a little more considerate of your friendly Moderator's time. We are, after all, just forum members like yourself who volunteer our time to help things along.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 pm 

photoshop is a very powerful tool if you have a use for it and more importantly if you know how to use it. As mentioned in the thread regarding lightroom vs elements... most ppl find they can do 95% + of the work they do in lightroom and seldom find themselves going into CS4 or any other program. It is very expensive but if you ask those who use the heavy editing features regularly it is well worth the price. The problem is not many of us, me included, use those applications enough to justify the cost... in my opinion anyways.

I love playing in CS4... as well as in coreldraw/photopaint but I was lucky enough to get both for free. Knowing what I know now I can honestly say I would never buy a copy of either considering the style of photography I do.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 am 

:cry: I was just thinking that i seem to do an awful lot of travelling about this forum :shock: Ill have to find a map of camerlabs to keep up 8)

I hadnt realised there was anything beyond the nikon forum :shock:

If i want to post a non nikon specific post again ill look very carefully first to see where i should travel to :)

Yes i agree, most educational facilities have photoshop that they buy(thats why the accommodation's so run down and the food in the mensa over cooked-except the pizza-but cant eat those every day :roll:no money left )

It helps to have someone that can guide you otherwise learning alone would be a dedication or nightmare :shock:

Dosnt suit my photo style either :? :roll:

Be great if several free RAW developers could be used to take the bit you like best :)

Once ive done with RAW if i would like to do more i open photofitre

http://www.photofiltre-studio.com/ 8)
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARY

Last edited by splash on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:42 pm 

I used to work with Photohop 5.5 on a work PC. Felt comfortable with it but for private use it would be overkill for me.

Photoshop Elements or Gimp would do me nicely :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am 
Hi,
I had tried photoshop too, both older and recent versions, but never got the hang of it. Are there alternative softwares that are easier to use for non professionals? I tried Gimp, but I think I'll need a good guide for it too! Is there a guide available? Instead of photoshop which software do you use?
Thanks,
Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 pm 

Adobe Lightroom 2 does most of my work.