Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Fuji S200EXR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:32 pm 
I wonder if this is the replacement for the S100FS ? http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digita ... x_s200exr/
From what i have read about the new exr sensor it certainly looks like a good step forward for a fully featured non dslr. I just hope that they have sorted out the purple fringing issue that some, but not all, S100FS owners complained about.
Fingers crossed that Fuji will send Gordon a camera for review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 pm 
i have a question, this camera has a 14 x Zoom.. does this mean that compared to the penasonic FZ38 which has a 18x Zoom, i can't zoom that far? Or does this depend on the zoom lens..

Forigive my noobness :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 am 

rascal wrote:
i have a question, this camera has a 14 x Zoom.. does this mean that compared to the penasonic FZ38 which has a 18x Zoom, i can't zoom that far? Or does this depend on the zoom lens..

Forigive my noobness :oops:

Checking the specs, the S200EXR is equivalent to 30.5 - 436mm and as you mentioned the FZ38, that equivalent is 27 - 486mm so a bit more at both wide angle and tele :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 am 
I've read all good things about the S200EXR. I've heard it has the best image quality of the superzoom class. Does anyone know anything negative about it? Any major issues? I know the video quality stinks but i could care less about that. I'd like to here the bad sides of the camera before i purchase one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 am 
Hi,

I too was considering this camera, and from what I know, its mostly an all-good model with 'surprisingly' low noise and good image quality.

I also came to know that there is slight fringing of colours at margins, which can be seen only when zoomed into the images. Not visible on small prints.

The manual zoom lens is a 'treat,' but its focal length is limited for its class, meaning you can get more zoom and perhaps more wide angle with other models in same price range.

And ISO performance is truly 'best in class!'

All-in-all, I have never read a much negative review about this one, and even other Fuji bridge ones, so no negatives as such that I have come across. Hope this helps.

Jinay.