Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
How bizarre. Suffice it to say I did not contact him with these questions, and I have made an official complaint to YT about it. It's childish, but also libellous.

My only contact with this person was when he emailed to ask that a thread about him on this forum be removed. I replied that since he insists on posting antagonistic and incorrect information, he is bound to draw some criticism and debunking. This was during September last year, so his 'revenge' has been somewhat slow.

I'll be interested to see if the libellous bit actually makes any difference. People are constantly fobbing other people off on YT. Let us know if they take any action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:18 pm 

I've had a few videos/slideshows with music attached and they have disabled the sound becuase it isn't my music.
He has both music and film footage that obviously is not his....
There is a spot to "flag video inappropriate" but they have nothing there to choose for this instance. :roll:

Myself I'd label this guy an Internet Troll.
Probably someone who lived with his parents in his basement til he was 30 odd or even still there....
Can't keep a job delivering pizza even...
Sits on his computers all day being someone/something he's not in real life online.
Bet in person he couldn't even come up with a one liner least of all any half attempt at something witty,probably has to think any replies online through in his head for days fifteen differant ways just to make sure they might work.
He's won as far as Trolls go,he's got his own thread on here and we're all talkin about him...thats what it wants.
If I were Gordon I'd ban his name from this site,enter it in the banned words so that when typed it came up as ....USELESS IDIOT...instead of his actual online handle.
That if I was Gordon, if I typed what... I ... would have it come up as Bob would prolly ban me.... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

He has a video saying I met him in New Zealand? Nope, another lie. I've never met this person before, unless he was masquerading as Chase Jarvis. Hang on, he did have a D3 on the table... maybe it was him!

It's also very strange he wants to impress or embarrass me over equipment that he owns or thinks I own. As you all know, I don't own any of the cameras I review here, as they're all on loan from the manufacturers and returned once the review is complete. I really don't care what he owns so would never ask.

As for being in awe? Again, strange. Doesn't he understand the role of a product journalist is to be constantly delivered the latest equipment to test? When you've done that for over 17 years, you're not generally in awe of any collection. Besides, I'm personally impressed by what people do with their equipment, not what they own or how much it cost.

Maybe he thinks I buy everything I review here, so am in some kind of on-upmanship contest with people like himself.

This person is very confused and needs help. He certainly has to stop making stuff up about people that's not true and publishing it - in legal terms, it's libellous and he could get into trouble over it.

I do know he's visited this forum before though to see what people have been writing about him, so you can be sure he's also following this thread.

So, hello Joe! Please stop publishing lies about other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 am 
Joseph Spina? That's like so 2008...

If people just ignored the tool, we'd be all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 pm 
Amazing how people that have no life can go this route to try and make a name for them self. I've only been checking Camera Labs and this message board for a short time but its clear thats not Gordon asking the questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm 
pgtips wrote:

That would be the best way to deal with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm 

pgtips wrote:

+1

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 am 
Gordon doesn't own all the gear he reviews?? Awww. There goes my plan to befriend him and have him give me a 7D :(

On topic though. Never heard of this Joseph Spina guy and I believe I'll keep it that way. He will be gone from my mind the second I click "reply".
I suggest you all do the same. He thrives of attention it would seem. Any kind of attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 am 
slingshot wrote:
He thrives of attention it would seem. Any kind of attention.

Well,it's not that simple. People like him can influence the general public...the best option is to put him out of business somehow. (oh...& also that guy that makes reviews to Canon & Nikon gear,without mentioning technical aspects...idiot)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:20 pm 

The problem is, it's probably impossibly impossible to get him to stop making videos. Being the attention-junkie he is, he won't stop on his own. We could contact YouTube, but they get money for the ad-clicks on the side of his videos, and since they're watched quite a lot (sadly), YouTube won't just ban Joseph...

[ :twisted:] I know: find a hacker to break into his account, delete all his videos, and change his password and email address... Mwahahaaha! [/ :twisted: ]

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
[ :twisted:] I know: find a hacker to break into his account, delete all his videos, and change his password and email address... Mwahahaaha! [/ :twisted: ]

But that will end his social life... :(
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm 

He can then return to his position at National Geographic! ;)

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:32 pm 

everyone just keep reporting him to youtube each day 24/7, they'll soon do something about it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm 
position at NG? this is something I didn't expect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:36 pm 

If only we could get 4chan on his case ;)

They'd ruin him just for the fun.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next