Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:46 am 
I am getting very tired of this guy plaguing the internet and giving out false information. All his quotes are made up in his videos, and he has a whole line of amateurs who hang on to his every word.

He recently made a video saying Gordon Lang emailed him questions such as what camera you are using etc etc. I am 99% sure this is not true, but Mr. Lang can you confirm this?

Here it is, at 2:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2O81Xf2K4&feature=sub

Last edited by rphphoto on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 am 

I was tired of this guy from the moment he started.

Gordon definitely did not ask that.

Better still, is that he apparently uses a RED EPIC for his videos?

Its about time he removed the line that said he was the DP at NatGeo, and also he used to claim to be endorsed by Nikon.

As a community of real photographers, we have to band together and destroy him.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:36 am 
I don't see what's so funny about someone asking what camera someone uses to shoot youtube videos . For me the guy is just showing off , a Red Epic to film youtube videos ? Give me a break ...

Gordon question was totally legitimate imho , and that guy is just living in his own Hello Kitty world ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:52 am 
i cant believe that i gave that guy a view on one of the worst (and very not funny) clips on youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 am 
This guy gives out so much mis-information and lies. He also acts to be a top level pro photographer yet he says he can't show his work because "people keep stealing it"...

On top of that, he has it so you can't rate or comment on anything on his channel unless he approves it. So any real photographer who tries to reveal the truth about him just gets blocked. Somehow we have got to get rid of this guy. I wouldn't care, but the problem is there are 1000s of newbies who are actually hanging on to his every word.

His "funny photography quotes" are all made up and are a part of his twisted imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am 

Bet he doesn't have copyright permission to the music in his video or the movie clips.
Complain to Youtube and they'll pull the vid.

Also to the OP you may want to go back and mispell his name in the thread/post title here otherwise it will show up in searches.
Why give it the satisfaction or promotion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:36 am 
Hes a douch bag. I dont waste my time watching his crap. He's just one of those ppl who just try to get a rise out of people. He's a hack plain and simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:05 am 
i would misspell his name so he doesn't show up in searches, but i really want people to be exposed to the fraud he is. I can't believe I had some of my friends who were just getting into photography tell me that there is this one guy from nikon on youtube who helps people a lot, and I checked it out and it was this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 am 
even though i don't believe anything he said, some of those quotes were pretty funny.. it made me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 am 
I tried to find it funny...& I failed. This video is so boring.

Even that fanboy dude with the review of the 40D was funnier....very stupid review,he got even basic stuff wrong,like the Digic II processor :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:45 pm 

Approves comments before submitting, he's afraid of criticism that could destroy the ego that powers his life..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:24 pm 

Orsan Kart wrote:
Approves comments before submitting, he's afraid of criticism that could destroy the ego that powers his life..

He used to have channel rules.. and something like "No Correcting us" was one of them..

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:26 pm 
I thought I was the only one getting mad about this guy's making fun of people inventing jokes.When I first watched the video I did not find funny the part concerning Gordon's question.Even if it is true ,there is nothing funny about him "showing off" that he had a 60k dollar camcorder to record his youtube videos.I wrote a comment asking him ,what was so funny about Gordons question.He simply replied : I silenced him by stating that I use a $60,000 camcorder.The guy blocked from his youtube channel and send me an email daying that I am rude and stupid because I did not read his channel rules.Worst yet he stated that I did not have a sens of humor for the fact that I didnt read the channel rules. What the heck was that!?!?!He blocked me because I made a comment expressing my opinion that I did not find that part funny.Now I realize this is just a little kid with too much money in his hands and a lot of ego.I would love to tell every one of his subscribers that this guy is an idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:40 pm 

Joseph Spina sucks. If only his views didn't allow YouTube to make money, we could set up a petition to have him banned from the site.

He's apparently deaf. If only he were blind instead. Normally, I'd never say such a thing, but this guy is just too wrong...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:43 pm 

By the way: did you misspell Gordon's name on purpose?

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux