Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 pm 

popo wrote:
I just got out of a meeting at work. We're in, let's say, a gadget accessory market. Looking into future opportunities, the iPad was mentioned. The joke there was that there isn't money in the budget to give everyone an iPad... yet!

I think free is about the right price I'd pay for one.
We struck a deal with Apple eduction and business department and are now getting our studios refitted with new imacs and software at half price, nice :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm 

The company I work for is an Apple partner (and other big companies too), but there is no mechanism to get any of their stuff cheap :( Strictly business relationship.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm 

Citruspers wrote:
IF you get one, get the 3G one. Wifi coverage in the netherlands is poor, but 3G is pretty good. Vodafone and T-mobile both have good 3G and quite fast, for 10 bucks a month. I'd advise T-mobile because of the higher bandwidth cap and because they do not block services like voip and torrents.

I'd like to, in a way, but at the same time: I already have unlimited Internet on my phone. Hmm, have to do some more thinking on that one.

I reckon the iBooks store will be available in more countries soon. Not that I read too many books... :)

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 pm 

Get a Kindle or Sony for the reading, reading on LCD's sucks, it's like staring into a flashlight for a couple of hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 pm 

I have a Sony reader (PRS600). I do not rate them highly. A lot of potential, but right now they are too slow, the screens too reflective etc. Due to the screen refresh, it takes slightly longer to read a book on the ereader than a traditional book, as i have to wait for the screen to update when I turn the page... Kinda interrupts the flow a little.

I have heard from a colleague the kindle is easier to read, though it is not touch screen. I do not know if the screen update is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Initially it looks like a cool device, but I honestly wonder if there is a market for tablets.

It seems that a lot of major PC companies are thinking that very same thing and are hesitant to jump on the tablet wagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm 

I'm sure the iPad will sell well. The reason why is that Apple has managed to get quite the following of their brand.

If Apple would release a DLSR called iCamera without the possibility of using a flash ( pun intended ) which technically would be an inferior product to DLSRs made by Nikon, Canon, Pentax etc it would get the attention of media and Apple's fanbase who would celibrate it as nothing but the second comming. They would argue why the use of flash is utterly pointless. People would act as if Apple would have invented the camera medium and every other camera ever released after would be a laughed at and called either an iCamera wannabe or an iCamera killer with a hint of sarcasm.

A lot of people working in the media are Mac users, perhaps that is an explenation to the unproportional hype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:16 am 

Quote:
The reason why is that Apple has managed to get quite the following of their brand.
Brand perception and loyalty doesn't just happen overnight it is built up over years by customers experiences.

Toyota allegedly one of the most reliable car makers in the World have just had to recall over 2 million cars because of faulty accelerator pedals. Does this make their cars any better or worse? Kia offer a seven year warranty on their cars where Toyota only offer three, who makes a better product?

Just as with cameras each individual has to decide what their requirements are and what suits them, yes there are people who become more emotionally involved with their purchases than others and some have better experiences with reliability and customer service than others.

At the end of the day if the product you have purchased performs to your requirements then you will recommend it, if it does not and the customer service you receive does not meet your standards you will complain about it.

http://keystrokesukimages.com