Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 pm 

A great interview Gordon, it certainly inspired me and without a doubt many others. It's led me to watch a few other of Chase's videos, that D3x certainly bashes out the frames.

John :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 pm 

How come i don't see the preview window for part 2 :cry: ????? Gordon/Mods/anyone, Help me out plz. I hope it's got nothing to do with Firefox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm 

The second vid is uploaded to Vimeo, which doesn't work on the iPhone. Might not work for you either... :?

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm 

I am going nuts over this. I have been restarting the browser for last 10 min. No luck so far. Even tried it on Internet Explorer.
Bjorn, is there any other way to watch the 2nd part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 pm 

Not that I know of. Unless someone has already downloaded Gordon's video and illegally uploaded it to YouTube...
Not a techie myself, so I have not even the slightest idea if and how you can get Vimeo working if it doesn't. Read a lot about deleting your cookies (don't throw 'em out, eat 'em :D ) and stuff. Perhaps you need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Not sure...

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:50 pm 

Location: "Atlantic View" Bracknell, SE Berkshire, UK. 51° 25'10.42"N 0°45'41.15"W
They both work for me using Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8...

My Fotopic :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Hi guys, yes the second part is being hosted by vimeo, although I haven't had any issues with this in the past. I've made a few modifications to the vimeo settings today though, so if you couldn't get it to work earlier, you may want to try again now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am 

I am running XP on my system with all the latest updates of Flash player and browsers. Even after the slight changes, Gordon made, No luck so far. I guess i'll try my luck by installing Internet Explorer 8 or perhaps I'll eat my cookies (as Bjorn suggested) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:34 am 
Site Admin

Can you play any other video on vimeo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 am 

Hmmm, cookies... :p

OK, back on topic. Gordon, don't know if you were able to notice during your meet-up with Chase, but I'd like to know how much of his gear Chase actually carries himself. Just one camera (not counting the iPhone) or more?

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 am 

There are some abrupt "cuts" in the videos. Looks like you were more concered about the framing and flipping stuff and length of the clips. Can't blame you though, with the busy life you lead getting us good stuff for free ;)

I'd have liked a brighter background (since main subject wearing black). Otherwise a light outfit (for chase) against that dark fireplace would be better. Avoiding the fireplace would work too. A bright cloth on the table would make the cameras/equipment stand out more. Also, it might have been nicer if the distracting bright window (on the "flipped" one) could be avoided or covered. I think this is one of those situations where the 5DM2 with a proper lens would give better results than the camcorders. I understand he only had an hour of break or so, and you probably didn't have the time to check all these things, but I thought I should mention these so you can figure out stuff next time you do a nice interview like this in high-contrast environments. Otherwise, very interesting interview. I enjoyed reading about the "behind the scenes" stuff more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:20 am 

People don't be so critical over the actual technicalities of the recorded video clip, its the content we are concerned with. Be thankful that Gordon spends his own time to compile such things as this for us to enjoy and learn from.

Thanks again Gordon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 am 

YEAH!!!! For me part 2 is now working :-D I am on a Vista Home Premium, browsing with Safari 4...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:42 pm 

First of all awesome job!

It's a really great interview with a really interesting guy. I might make too much of it, but I actually think it made me look at photography from a different angle. Time will tell if that's a good thing, but i think it is :)

If anything is to be criticized it's some technical details. Especially you being a little to far to the left of the frame (due to leaning forward), in the 2nd part of the interview. Also I had some initial problems w. Vimeo, but I got it to work in the end.

None the less, it's a fantastic interview, and a great debut for you as a reporter Gordon. Thanks a lot!

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:55 pm 

WoutK89 wrote:
YEAH!!!! For me part 2 is now working :-D I am on a Vista Home Premium, browsing with Safari 4...

WoutK89, may you kindly tell me what kind of problem you were having earlier? I guess Vimeo is not working for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next