Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:31 pm 

Hi everyone, am ın Turkey at the moment, have fınally managed to get to a pc and wıll not be able to vote at the moment on December assıgnment , ı wıll have to waıt untıl ı get home to the UK. The reason beıng whıch at fırst puzzled me ı cannot see all of the photographs. İ can only see about 6 of them. It ıs extremely frustratıng, ı have also realised that the photos ı cannot see are the ones from flıckr. I have also been ınformed that flıckr ıs not allowed ın Turkey and cannot be seen, I cannot even get ınto my flıckr account. So wıll have to waıt tıll ı return home. The i key ıs not ın the normal place on the keyboard so apologıes there.
sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm 

Safe journey home Sue. Turkey must be warmer than here in the UK, minus 4c last night and not much warmer during the day.

John 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 pm 
Hello December's Cameralabs submitters,

Another hard month for me... Unfortunately only now I've saw I missed to post a submission on this assignment... On a friends birthday party I took some snaps and I realised that captured some shadows (i'll post it here anyway)

here my comments of this month that I think was more fruitful than November

mikeroch:
I really like this picture... those halos around the glasses frame... the smoothness of the wood texture... really really good.

naniani:
Excellent idea...

LahLahSr:
good expression

shallowlife:
I love this colours... but every time I look in to this image something tells me I want to see the bridge shadows reflected on the river

akadime:
wolderfull... image

Bjorn:
I liked the idea... but a bit more contrasty, no?

Q u e n t i n:
it turns out to be a very good abstract

naeno:
For me was the best composition!

Cam-I-Am:
This was another from my top 3 images... the only thing here is the electric piloc I'd remove

Afther some thinking my vote is for mikeroch... I found the best composition to be naeno's, but sure naeno is gone to try it again January with food theme...
Not sure if my vote was to naeno if he's image was in colour.

now, here the picture I shoot @ 13 December when playing with an infant son of a friend's:

and after process this I remembered the film times when sometimes I've tried cross processing (usually without success) then I made this:

Bests to all,
joseluis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:26 am 
Site Admin

POLLS CLOSED - WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations to shallowlife for winning their second Assignment, here with 13% of the total votes and just pipping SolarSanction to the prize. SolarSanction earned 10% of your votes and almost made it second win, so congratulations to them too! Coming in just behind in joint third position were psvendse and magnipheeque, both sharing 9% of the votes, and just behind them in joint fourth place were naniani and Nu2foto, each with 8%.

So a very close result, but shallowlife is the winner, so as usual has until the end of this month to decide on a theme for February's Assignment! Please let us know what you decide (along with any additional rules or restrictions) in this thread!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 pm 

`Congratulations` Shallowlife on winning this months assignment.
Look forward to see what your choice of subject is.

Well done on coming second SolarSanction.

Sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:41 am 
Sorry that I took my time to choose the next months theme, but I am having my exames next week so I couldnt log in lately.

Anyways, enough of that - I was thinking about this seriously, at last month I wanted to choose the theme "Food" but that has already been chosen for January, so of course I will go for something else.

It might seem a little unfair, but since I will go to Taiwan next February, I would like the next theme to be "Asia".

Of course not everyone can fly to asia now, but I believe there might be an asian part in your city, or perhaps just a chinese restaurante.
Who knows, maybe someone here is asian (Self Portrait anyone?) or got an asian girlfriend/boyfriend?
If you can also write chinese, you could just take a picture of something you have written.

Well, whatever you do ~ it must seem asian, or have to do anything with Asia.

I hope you guys are not angry that I chose this theme, but I am sure everyone can come up with an idea, if you try just hard enough ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:08 pm 

Congrats Shallowlife,
Thanks for the new subject, should be interesting.

John :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 am 
Site Admin

I like it, great idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 pm 

Great theme indeed!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am 
Nice!! I'm Asian, but I still don't have anything in mind yet. This might be a challenge for me! :lol: