Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 pm 
I just bought my wife the s2100HD , what is the difference if any between the 2000 and 2100/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:49 am 
Mpreece - It's the same camera as the S2000HD. I bought an S2000HD last December.

It was the camera that made me save up again and buy a Canon SX10 IS...

The stills images are "very ordinary" - many P&S cameras of half the price do better images.

You might note that it doesn't have an Aperture Priority setting - which is because it only has 2... Wide and Zoom.

It doesn't have a lot of settings - and none of them compensate for the image "quality". Fuji does make some very good cameras - but the S2000HD/S2100HD isn't one of them...

If you still can - return it for a refund - or if they won't do that, if they still have a Canon SX10 IS to exchange it for, plus a little more money - that's a hugely superior camera.

If they don't - the more recent Canon SX20 IS is very good, too.

There's a Canon SX1 IS that does 1920 x 1080 HD video - but it's in Apple's MOV container and is difficult to handle without a pretty good PC and Software.

If you were attracted by the Fuji's 1280 x 720 HD-Lo - there's a new Canon S90 (see the Forum thread here) - that has 1280 x 720, does excellent stills, and is compact - easy pocket or glovebox size.

> I'm sure others much more experienced than I am will come in on this and recommend other good cameras - the Nikon P90, perhaps...

Regards, Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 pm 
Thanks for the reply. I already own the Canon SX10IS and I like it very much. On the other hand, my wife doesn't need a camera like the SX10 with all the settings, dials, and buttons. She has a Nikon point and shoot and I have been wanting to get her a long zoom camera that is easy to use and won't confuse her. I have owned several Fuji's and thought this platform would be a good starting point for her. I have not had much time to use the 2100, but so far I am pleased with the results. It's not as good as the SX10 but it was not intended to be as good. It's a good entry level camera with enough settings to get her familiar with using different settings. I have no ambitions to return it, but as she progress and starts seeing the difference between the quality of pictures taken with my camera compared to hers, then I'll sell hers on ebay and get her a better camera. Thanks again for your reply.