Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 am 
Hey man, is that Kashmir valley in Pakistan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 pm 

As far as I know, I was still in Kashmir and not in Pakistan, but we were close to the border. The Kashmir Valley I went to is situated near the city Pahalgam in Kashmir, a little bit north of Srinagar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 pm 
Hi Esben

And how's the security situation to travel there, and how easy is it to get to that region?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 pm 

Before I left for India, I was warned many times about traveling to and in Kashmir, so I had braced myself for a rough time on the road. I must say that getting there was rough, but I did take the bus. The roads are supra bumpy (supra is a whole other level above super) and the buses have no suspension. On top of that, the bus I was on broke down and I had to hitch a ride to get from Phong (a small tent village between Keylong and Leh in no man's land at 4500 meters) to Leh. The ride was about the most beautiful I've seen, while driving, so that made up for the whole break down. It is possible to fly directly to Leh or Srinagar, so you avoid the roads and the dangers of Indian traffic. While I was there I felt perfectly safe and I didn't hear about any violent incidents. When I came home, however, I heard that a man had been running down a road I used to walk on a lot in Srinagar, throwing hand grenades. I would tell anyone wanting to go there to do it because of the beauty (it really is immensely beautiful), but to be prepared for some rough traveling by road and a lot of delays because of lousy transportation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:01 pm 

Three new photos added. Again, C&C is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:20 pm 

Five new photos added. C&C is still greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm 

Six new photos added. Again, C&C is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm 

:shock: wow love your pics! the colours are soo vivid. how much processing did you do to the pics or are they as you took them??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:59 pm 

Thank you very much! I have tweaked the vibrance and the contrast on most of the photos, as I like it that way. Some of the photos I have even done some slight HDR on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 pm 

colours are great! nice pics again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 am 
http://esbenlp.deviantart.com/art/Kashm ... -144579911

This is my favorite photo now.. This is so beautiful.. What are the trees named exactly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 am 
lovely pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:43 pm 

Thanks a lot guys!

@fallenembers08: I know nothing about advanced botanical terms. The best offer for an exact name I have for the trees are Pine Trees . Really Large Pine Trees. They were huge! Not Sequoia huge, but rather large nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 am 
esbenlp wrote:
Thanks a lot guys!

@fallenembers08: I know nothing about advanced botanical terms. The best offer for an exact name I have for the trees are Pine Trees . Really Large Pine Trees. They were huge! Not Sequoia huge, but rather large nonetheless.

Ah thanks. Very very beautiful. I hope to visit this place someday.

Got any more to share? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 am 

I have many more to share, both from the valley and India in general. These are just a few favorites from the trip. I will constantly be adding photos to this thread. At the moment, however, I am very busy with project work, so just embrace yourself with patience.