Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:23 am 

One month after losing my Panasonic Lumix FX37 to some armed robbers in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, I finally decided on its replacement: a Panasonic Lumix TZ7.

I absolutely loved the FX37 and the images it produced, but I felt the zoom was a bit short. The TZ7 should be arriving in a couple of days, and I expect it to be quite similar to the FX37, but with a longer zoom.

Still, it was quite a difficult decision. Just like I did when I bought the FX37 back in January, I spent days reading reviews and forum threads, comparing entry level DSLRs, thinking about buying a Lumix LX3 (which would not have solved the zooming problem), or an FZ38 superzoom.

Two days before being robbed, I replaced the memory card of my FX37. That surely is the lesson to take away from this episode: if you are robbed at gunpoint, lose your camera, but make sure not to lose all of your honeymoon pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 pm 
Haha, good story. I'm glad you aren't all sour about it. Let us know how you like the TZ7. Next time I travel I'll be sure to change memory cards often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:31 pm 
Pity that had to happen on your honeymoon. But good to see that you are taking it positively! And yes, cycling cards or doing a quick backup can help.

I was looking at the TZ7 some time ago, but wont be buying anytime soon. But still eager to hear your experiences with it.

Congrats on marriage/honeymoon and all the best. Also, how was your trip to Costa Rica? I am always looking for good places to add to my To Visit list.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 am 

The TZ7 arrived in the mail today. The battery is being charged as we speak (and go to work...). I will make sure the give you an update once I have taken a couple of pictures!