Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 pm 
Hi guy's. I'm in the market for a basic 2 light setup and have been looking at all the verious brands and models and frankly I still don't know what to go for.

I'm lookong for a kit that's reliable. Has good options for upgrades in the future. And is well priced. It will be used for portraits and probably big groups of people.

I'm planning on spending up to £350 at first but can probably stretch a little further.

Any suggestions on what to get will be greatly appreciated. I need all the advice I can get.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:20 pm 

I got the Falcon Eyes GN300AD kit with 2 300 w/s strobes, 2 light stands that go almost 3 meters up, and 2 softboxes, and I love it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:48 pm 
Nice I will check it out!

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm 
My friend got the Calumet 400 Genisis 2 head kit, which came with two stands, uberellas and all the cables and stuff. I think they are pretty good and were versitile enough for the gymnastics shoot he was using them for. They also have loads of accessories that can be bought for all your needs. Found this guy that seems to use them alot:http://www.youtube.com/user/prophotolife#p/a He also has loads of wierd DIY studio solutions.