Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:06 am 
How many of you notice the improvement of your Olympus raw files with the Lightroom 3 beta? I personally notice some major improvements with the sharpness and noise performance of my E-3 and E-520. Color noise is definitely not an issue and though the luminance noise slider is currently disabled, the luminance is more of a fine grain which looks highly acceptable to me.

The only downside to the beta is that it runs terribly slow. I am definitely looking to purchase LR3 when it is officially released. I believe Adobe is beginning to take Olympus serious now with how they're developing the raws. Looks like it will be an exciting release!

Your thoughts on this combination? And if you haven't tried it yet, make sure you do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am 
I have downloaded this beta and like what I see. It is slow though (I need more RAM :( ) and it crashes sometimes (I need more RAM :( :( ).

Beta is a nice download and the workflow is great. Did I say I need more RAM? - 1GB is not enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 am 
If it makes you feel any better, running Lightroom on a dual core 64 bit machine with 4GB RAM isn't exactly fast either ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:15 pm 
pgtips, that does not make me feel better because that is what I have. Thought it would be fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 pm 
well lets keep in mind that it's still in beta phases. i'm sure they will improve cpu usage performance upon the final release. i would just recommend not being online while using lr3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm 
I find Lightroom very difficult to use. Will need to go buy a manual!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 pm 
So, how does it compare to Adobe Camera Raw in terms of RAW development ?

I am going to install it this weekend on my virtual machine and run it in there. Depending on how I like it, I might install it on the host as well.

Advantage with virtual machine is that you can always go back to older snapshot and install the trial all over again. Love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 am 
I wonder how the LR3 RAW engine compares to the decoding power of the Olympus Studio 2. Personally I always decode the RAW files via OS2 prior to importing them into LR. LR2's RAW engine sucks (in color reproduction) compared to OS2....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm 
I will try this because I find Adobe PS CS4 cam raw is terrible at getting the exposures right....

Thanks