Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm 
I've read a few reviews and posts in this forum but haven't come across anybody specifically asking about the tripod holder feature on a backpack style camera bag.

So far I've only come across the Flipside and there are mix reviews about it's tripod holding capabilities.

The tripod I have is the Manfrotto 190CX(not pro) with a ball head, and the bag needs to house my D80 with 3 lenses(sigma 10-20mm, Nikon 18-200mm, Nikon 50mm f/1.8).

Any suggestions warmly welcomed.

happy holidays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:17 am 
nobody carries tripods anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:29 pm 
Hey there,

Some models you want to look at---
Tamrac Expedition series- holds all gear and tripod
Lowepro Dryzone - Weather resistant w/ tripod holder
Kata DR-467

You can use any bag you want- If it has a compression strap (used to cinch all the gear tight after packing), it can be used to hold the tripod easily. Just slip in the tripod's 2 legs on one side and third leg on the other side and cinch it. Done.
This can be done on the Kata bag. And since the camera compartment is on the bottom, it wont get in the way of gear removal.

One thing i DONT understand is-- why do most of the backpacks have camera compartment in the bottom, where it is most vulnerable to getting damaged???

Cheers