Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:00 am 
I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to photography. I am looking to pick up a guide of some sort to help me take better pictures. Since I don't really know that much about it, I thought I would ask about it here.

I found this guide and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it or could recommend it.

http://www.digitalphotographysuccess.com

If not this one then what guide would you recommend? Looking for ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 am 

It seems like one of those "Go from fat to ripped in just 10 days" sort of ads.

I think to start with just use Gordon's other site DSLRtips.com and also just other youtube photography tutorials. Also your local library will have some books on the subject.

The best way however is just to experiment with your cameras settings ie shutter/aperture priorities etc.

I also consider myself a beginner but with these aids I am getting much better.

430EX speedlight
Photoshop CS4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:59 am 
I would stick to a more credible author... that website doesn't show any examples of the "ebook" and it looks like its written for people who use point-and-shoots and who know absolutely nothing about photography but just want to take good pictures of sunsets.

I would recommend trying your own thing, just experiment and take lots of pictures. if you come across a specific subject you want to get into just do some research on google to find some free online articles, or post here like you did and ask other members for their advice.

Another great online resource that I have used and give it my stamp of approval is www.KelbyTraining.com it was started by the famous photographer scott kelby, who now has many of the largest names in the industry who provide high quality video tutorials. the only kicker is its 25 USD a month which isn't so bad. I just did it for one month and watched as many tutorials as i could. they range from 20-60 minutes in length and they have many choices to choose from...

Another resource is http://www.DSLRtips.com which is Edited by Gordon Laing, the same great man who reviews all the cameras for this very website. Gordon has several FREE in-depth tutorials for a verity of advanced techniques.

Truth be told there is no possible way you can go from shooting crap to shooting golden pictures in just 14 days, it take time and patients. Good luck! hope this helps let me know if you have any questions.