Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:05 pm 
Hi I'm Peter.

I would like to know if someone could tell me how to burn a DVD of my pictures and videos taken on my camera.

So i can watch them on a normal DVD player and TV

Cheers Pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:02 pm 
Hi and welcome to the Camera Labs forum.

Probably every standalone DVD-player sold in the last five years (and longer) is capable of playing video-files (most commonly *.avi files) simply burnt on DVD/CD and also JPG files which are on a DVD/CD. You'll need to check the specs of your DVD player. Particularly for the CODEC support it has. Most players will play Xvid/Divx files. H264 (AVC - Advanced Video Codec) support is still less common.

You can test the supported codecs with the DivxTest test-CD.

Depending on the codec used by your camera and the supported codecs on your DVD-player you may need to re-encode your video files. Also they can be made much smaller if your camera uses MJPEG. At www.videohelp.com you can find lots of info and software to do this (and lots more).

Then you'll need a bit of software to burn the DVD. I'm assuming you have a DVD-(re)writer in your computer.

Success.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:40 pm 

What about the Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6. Plug your camera right in to it and burn a DVD. Couldn't be easier :wink: .

Victor
Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:06 am 
If your looking at creating a DVD slideshow of your work, i've found this is no easy task.

If your running windows XP, you will have windows movie maker. This program lets you make a slideshow of your images and add music and what not. However, I find that it decreases your image quality a lot. The dvd works great but every image is out of focus.

After creating it in windows movie maker, you have to run it through a free DVD creator called DVD flick. Just google it you'll find it. Then after its done and gone through you have your DVD.

I only wish i could find a program that will let me make slide shows with music that wont mess up image quality. I've tried powerpoint as well as other free ware programs but havent found one that is worth wild. If only lightroom would just let you export slideshows id be all set...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:04 pm 
If you are a mac user or know someone who is you can use iMove and iDVD. Both applications come with all apple computers and are extremely easy to use. You can add music movies and pictures really easily and it looks very professional. and it plays in any DVD player just like a movie it has a menu and everything.

As far as a PC goes I'm not really the guy to ask. That right there is the reason I went to a mac and I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:36 am 
you could try blender www.blender.org its a free down load. the learning curve is high but ones you learn how to use it its really nice