Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:17 pm 
Hi everyone ...
I have bought Canon SX 20IS ... the video recored comes to be very nice...however when i download it with the software provided by the canon, it doesnt play properly but breaks in between ...
Can anyone please help me the best way to download the video? Wil be of great help ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 pm 
have you figured out this problem yet? i just ordered a canon sx20 :) hopefully i can help soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 pm 
Playing HD movies can put quite a strain on your CPU. If the system is a bit older you can experience stuttering playback. If that's what you're referring to then apart from the obvious solution, a faster computer, there are a few things you can do.

'Things' that run in the background take up CPU time. Closing other running applications will free up more CPU power for the application playing video.

Keep your codecs current. A newer codec might be more efficient than an older one.

Use something like Process Tamer or similar utilities to give your video player a higher priority. 'Above Normal' could be enough to get smooth playing video. You can set so called 'explicit rules' in the right column of this program that will force an application's priority every time it is run. Quite convenient as you can most likely keep other applications active and don't need to shut them down.

Let us know whether this solved your problems.

Ben