Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: panasonic FZ50 Samples
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:54 pm 

hi,

It can be helpfull to the person to view the samples of the shots taken by fz50. Because there are a lot of things written about FZ50.

If you ask me, it is a great slr-like camera for beginners.

here is the link for my samples, http://www.esnips.com/web/hasimcanan-photographs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:17 pm 

Hi Hasim and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting the link to your photos. You're right, it is always helpful to see real life photos from a camera. This is what I like so much about Gordon's reviews, he always includes new photos from the camera in question together with comparison photos taken at the same time. How long have you had the camera and what do you think of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:04 pm 

Hi Phil,

I have the camera for two months. What am i think of it? Letme explain;

First of all i am not a professional photographer, it is my hobby. Therefore you can understand that i can not buy quality lenses for a DSLR, and pay thousands of dollars for its equipment. That was the first factor that made my decision.

I had a research for a week, and i saw that a slr-like camera was suitable for me. And found the FZ50. To be honest, the second factor was the focus ring and zoom ring in the camera. You feel like a professional when using hem. The camera is also recording the videos and 12x optic zoom is great. (nothing to tell about Leica lens). Looked at the samples from the net and that was enough for me. As i said i am using it for two months, and it seems i will use it for years.

They all talk about the noise, however it is a professional thing :) It is a perfect camera to me with its functions...

Take care

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:44 pm 

I am new to the whole digital world. I have an old point and shoot camera that is nothing special and I am planning to upgrade in the future and I have been considering the FZ50 but I have been hearing so many mixed reviews and a lot of issues about the quality at higher ISO settings.

Now I have to admit that I dont know a lot about ISO and dont know why or when you would have to switch the ISO settings.

As a hobbyist who is looking for a camera that has a good zoom, can take some occasional videos, is the quality of the pictures good enough for standard prints (sizes???) I am not interested in blowing up any pictures, just a well rounded camera with a good range of functions that can take good pictures in various settings.

Can anyone give me some good advice?

Thanks.
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:37 pm 

Well John, the dimension of the pictures normally is limited by the resolution of the sensor. So with the 10.1 Megapixel sensor of the fz50 you're certainly on the safe side to print up to DIN A3 (30x43cm) which is roughly equivalent to viewing on a 20" monitor.
But as you blow the picture up also the noise is blown up! So if you limit yourself to smaller prints (say 13x18cm) certainly the problem of noise is also limited.