I planned on waiting for boards that would have USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gbit/s, but after thinking about it and reading a few reviews and articles, I decided to get what's available at the moment and make use of the PCI Express slots later if necessary (I don't plan on RAIDing my disks and I most likely won't use more than one USB 3.0 port at a time).
http://www.dailytech.com/Intel+Delays+U ... e16588.htm
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/13357/vid ... index.html
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/6-gb-s-sa ... 31712.html
I thought of waiting for the Gigabyte board, as I knew about it coming, but the prices and real availability is unknown at the moment to the general public. Gigabyte says (in PRs) that they should be available during november-december this year, which means there'll be a few at least 10-30% more expensive than the current ones and the few pieces that'll make it will be gone before you frag the next monster if you play shooter-em-up games
I have the components for my new computer behind me right now, I'm waiting for the case (should be here on Wednesday along with Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit). I'm still undecided on the graphics card, but I'll probably got for a Radeon HD 5770 once the become available again (they're sold out at the moment), as NVIDIA's mainstream cards (i. e. ones between $100-$200) are said to be out only in Q1 next year, which could mean January just as well as March. Then again, if the Fermi card coming out this year beats the 5xxx Radeons by a decent margin, I just might wait for it unless I'd lose my patience.
I think I got a little off-topic... sorry.