Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 am 
It would seem there is no answer to this question as far as the operation of Windows 7 is concerned. I have tried the RC version and all goes well untill you find that some software will not work. When you ask the vendor if this suituation is going to be addressed, they say 'because OS 7 has not been officially released yet they cannot provide 'working' software and at present have no plans to do so'.

I thought the idea of having a 'pre-release' OS was so they (the vendors) could get all this sorted out in advance.

lockhands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:29 am 
Welcome to the forums lockhands

I agree with you but unfortunately this is quite common. Reminds me of Nvidia's comments on why ATI would need a DX11 card when there was only 1 DX11 game at the time.

Somebody should do it first but as long as it is not in the best of their interests, it will be at the bottom of their priorities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:23 pm 

What software is it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:37 pm 
Shagrath wrote:
What software is it?

Well Shargrath, the one I had in mind was a Graphics Card Accelerator sold as a Plug in by Elemental Technologies, although they have now supplied an updated version that will work with OS 7. This sort of statement was also made by nVidia regarding their CX Card drivers. Again this now appears to have been resolved.

Lockhands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 pm 
What microsoft releasing unfinished software, never!
Goes for everything microsoft has ever released, it's always unfinished software you get and they just release fixes and work-arounds.

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:36 pm 
Windows 7 is actually quite polished. The same can be said for a lot of their developer tools. Don't let anti-Microsoft sentiments cloud your objectivity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 pm 
I don't think the nature of Windows will ever let it reach the apparent level of "polish" that OSX and some Linux distros have achieved but I quite like Windows 7 as a secondary OS and it doesn't feel rough around the edges like Vista did.

About the OP's complaint, it seems like they waited until Win 7 was officially released and then released it on the dot. Can't imagine why they couldn't release it earlier but I guess they delivered as promised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:21 pm 
pgtips wrote:
Don't let anti-Microsoft sentiments cloud your objectivity.

I'm not, just stating a fact is all.