Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 520 vs 620
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 am 
has anyone upgraded from the 520 to the 620? and if so what are your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am 
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15149

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 pm 
To me a more logical upgrade path would be e-520/e-620 to the e-30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:15 am 
thanks alot Armanius. how did you find this? you are awsome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 am 
i don't think there is a whole lot of points to upgrade from E-520.
but if you do, you will get:

1. more AF points
2. swivel lcd screen
3. slightly smaller body
4. slightly bigger viewfinder
5. backlit buttons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 pm 
ambrose21 wrote:
thanks alot Armanius. how did you find this? you are awsome.

Well, I did participate on that other thread.

Personally, I am disappointed with the 620. I say hold off, and wait until Oly releases a SLR with the same TruepicV processing that's on the EP1. 620 is too noisy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:24 am 
noisy in the image or the camera operation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 am 
he means the picture. It is not performing well in low light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 pm 
I just "borrowed" from my dad the E510 I gave to him after I bought my E620. Kind of looking forward to using the E510 again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:41 am 

Quote:
Personally, I am disappointed with the 620. I say hold off, and wait until Oly releases a SLR with the same TruepicV processing that's on the EP1. 620 is too noisy.

This. Plus I'd like to have some HD video to play around with using the SLR lenses.

I chose the E520 pretending that I wouldn't do a lot of low-light photography. I should be more honest with my needs in the future.

Also, E520 body again please. This is primarily what swayed me away from the Canon 450D. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I was waiting for the Pentax K-x as my first SLR, partly for the video & burst speed, but also for auto HDR. I've heard that the E620 & E30 have some kind of automatic bracketing overlay - is this similar to HDR or something quite different?

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:05 pm 

kimchi wrote:
Quote:

This. Plus I'd like to have some HD video to play around with using the SLR lenses.

I chose the E520 pretending that I wouldn't do a lot of low-light photography. I should be more honest with my needs in the future.

Also, E520 body again please. This is primarily what swayed me away from the Canon 450D. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I was waiting for the Pentax K-x as my first SLR, partly for the video & burst speed, but also for auto HDR. I've heard that the E620 & E30 have some kind of automatic bracketing overlay - is this similar to HDR or something quite different?

Can you expand on the bolded part? What do you normally shoot?

When I first got interested in DSLR's, I wanted to shoot stuff indoors (among other things), even moving subjects, without a flash. I was very picky about noise too. It took me a while, but I finally realized I needed a full frame DSLR to get that kind of performance. Since I wasn't willing to pay extra or put up with the increased bulk, I've scaled down my expectations and settled for cropped sensor DSLR's... with flash guns.