Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:18 am 
Hi everyone it's me again :D , the one who ask the most question and is driving you up crazy! One of my friend bought an K100D :o *Whispering : I think he try to imitate me* but anyway, he told me that with a normal white ambiant light, his picture had an orange tint.

I hope you can understand a word and can help my friend to fix his problem. And you will fix my problem as well when I will have my Pentax at Christmas! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:41 am 

Bonjour Peace-Warrior,

Check the white balance.
Quote:
normal white ambiant light
could come from the sun or form a bulb.

Press the Fn button, then select WB and try different settings. In automatic mode AWB, white balance is generally ok, but specific cases could be mishandled.

Another solution is to shoot in raw mode and do the post-processing after. I do recommend raw mode for difficult pictures, like artificial light, mix of different lights (sun and tungsten), high dynamic range, ... Best way to learn is shoot in RAW+JPEG to learn how the camera is managing the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:28 pm 
Ok, thanks I'll try with this for now but I don't think the k100d can shoot Raw+Jpeg at the same time... Maybe it's a standard on camera, if it is i don't know yet how to do it! Still thank you and pass a good week end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:42 pm 
The K100d can't shoot RAW+Jpeg, unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:27 am 

Bonjour,

So you could try the RAW mode and then post-process the picture with the Pentax Photo Laboratory application.

Playing with the different White Balance settings could help you address the problem of your orange-ish picture as well as discovering the light temperature (from blue-ish to orange-ish tones :) ).

Unfortunately, the Pentax manual is not very explicit on the photography theory behind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 pm 
Ok thanks, he just got it! it was just a mix of white balance and saturation. :oops: