Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 am 
I'm just wondering if that's what the form is called that is signed by a club owner or venue holder if I was contracted to photograph the event.

For example,

If I was to be the event photographer at a club and the club owners don't want to be sued or held legally responsible for anything that could happen to me or my equipment, would I have them sign that form and would I have to sign it too?

Hopefully that makes sense and I'm hoping someone could explain to me what the exact title of the form would be and who exactly needs to sign such form.

The only reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to be the contract event photographer for this one club promotion company expanding out in my area and I want to be sure that I get the legal aspects done with both the company and the clubs the company throws their events.

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 am 
If you do a Google search of "Photographer release of liability form" you'll get quite a few hits. I can't say how important this is if you want to avoid headaches in the future.

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 579
Location: Scotland
There are different levels of legal cover here. The venue want to make themselves not liable for loss or damage to your equipment. You want to cover yourself if someone trips over your tripod and gets injured or spills a drink over your camera bag.

In the UK if you want to protect yourself from being sued for any accident that you may cause you would need public liability insurance. It used to be that venues had this as part of the drink licensing laws but now it is down to the individuals using the venue to cover themselves.

As the venue are contracting you to cover an event I would make sure your contract terms and conditions specify who is responsible for what as well as getting all the copyright releases for use of the images you take sewn up.

Nikon D90
Nikkor AF-S DX; 18-105 f/3.5-5.6G VR, 55-300 f/4.5-5.6G VR, 35mm f/1.8G
Speedlight SB-700

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group