Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am 

Bonjour,

As Nelepi, I stick with my old faithful K10D :) I'm simply delighted by the quality of the pictures taken by the K10D with the DA* lenses.

The K-x brings dramatic value for enthusiast beginners while the K-m offers a unique proposition of a true dSLR as a P&S.

We start seing the new strategic orientation of Pentax, after Hoya's M&A. Each segment has now a clear and distinctive offer that may equal or even surpass competitors :wink: .

Only one point to care about : brand recognition. Pentax-Hoya could address this point with 1) marketing to public awareness and 2) improved one-to-one relation with Pentaxians :!: Too many messages sent to Pentax remain unanswered :( . That's not the way today's customers like to be treated. Pentax, got the message :?:

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 am 

Who said you can't look like a pro with a budget DSLR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:43 am 
lol don't underestimate that little robot toy. Inside it lies a tremendous power.

Last edited by Enche Zein on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:04 am 
that is the ugliest thing i've ever seen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 am 

Slick3358 wrote:
that is the ugliest thing i've ever seen

GASP* I think it's sexy. :) :p :p :p

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 pm 
Wish: Pentax LX-D..........so I can attach all my old lenses with full functionality (except auto focus of course)...........and maybe even the interchangable viewfinders.

I know, I know.........it can't/won't happen...........but think of all the existing lenses out there.......just waiting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:49 pm 
Don't all pentax lenses fit on all pentax body's? With the exception of the screw mount of cource which you need an adapter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 pm 
Read through the manuals of the K7, K20D......... if you use old lenses (K Mount) no apeture control (stupid disabled Kaf mount), no multi zone metering ..etc. etc...

Would be nice to see a FF model (LX-D ????) with a mount that will accept ALL previous K mount lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 pm 
Ahh i see now what you mean by "full functioning". Speaking from my own experience with my M and F series lenses, i've found that sometimes working in manual with those lenses can become frustrating at times. It does get me out of all auto modes however which seems to force me to practice differently.

Pentaxians have been waiting for a full frame DSLR for quite some time now. Im wondering if they will (because of the echonomy) produce a new full frame (LX-D or otherwise). Then again no one saw this Kx coming. It just sorta poped out of no where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 pm 
Well Pentax made a wonderful upgrade with the K7,but they had annouced some time ago that a full-frame is not on their near future list. Perhaps,we'll have a surprise if Samsung releases a full frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 pm 
KX is available at Adorama body only now at $599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:13 am 

In many previews I've read online, there has been varying degrees of horror regarding the lack of AF confirmation in the viewfinder (a la k2000). With 11 AF-points, how much of a problem is this?

As someone searching for a first SLR, could this be the fly in the ointment for this model, or is it really not such a major problem? I just use a centre AF point & recompose with my ageing bridge camera - is this something I'll have to do with the k-x?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:22 am 
i don't think it will be a big problem, you can see it from back lcd screen.

just a bit of incovenience