Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 pm 
The Mac OS Snow Leopard will soon hit the store by tomorrow. Currently I still use Latest Leopard Mac OS so is there any benefit if I upgrade to Snow Leopard & is there any differences with it. I might get one soon if it is a great deal to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:14 pm 

for the price they will be selling the upgrade at, $29, yes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
Its only 10 USD if you bought your mac after june 8th 2009. and yes i plan to upgrade in a week or too. I want to make sure there aren't any obvious serious bugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:57 pm 
Have just upgraded. Seems a little snappier but that's probably more to do with doing a clean install and having not much installed yet. I've not noticed any vast differences although I've got a bit of hard disk space back. Still, it's an upgrade and the reports show improved performance so who am I to argue. I guess I'll notice it over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 am 
I see no reason not to. I would normally wait for the initial bugs to show their faces and for an update or two to be released but nothing major seems to have been reported yet. I'm in no rush to ditch Leopard though so I'll just wait a month or maybe more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:42 pm 

I have seen a couple of reports saying the bundled Nikon apps e.g. Nikon Transfer may have some bugs that need ironing out.

Nikon tech support release
http://support.nikontech.com/app/answer ... a_id/16522

Have a look here for issues with other apps people are reporting
http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

http://keystrokesukimages.com

Last edited by keystrokesuk on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:37 pm 

Yes, I plan to upgrade as soon as I can buy the family pack in my local store. They only have the single user version right now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:40 pm 

I've upgraded my two Macs and my wife's as well. The upgrade itself was straightforward, I double backed up my data then did a clean install on each of the computers. Once they were up I recovered the data and reinstalled just the apps we actually use. That in itself was a useful exercise.

So far the only issues I've had have been no support for our HP printer and the Logitech Control Centre, Xmarks and ZumoDrive not working. I worked round the Logitech problem, Xmarks was released today and I used some 3rd party drivers for the printer. That just leaves ZumoDrive missing.

I've booted my MacBook Pro using the 64-bit kernel but found the drivers for my Huawei 3G dongle don't work so I've been running with a 32-bit kernel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:38 am 
I've crossed over... to 10.6 that is. so far so good. the installation went nicely. First impressions, Finder is much more responsive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:20 pm 

Upgraded laptop and desktop so far. Not had a problem with anything yet.