Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:11 am 

I have heard of high end cameras like Hasselblad, Sinar, Leaf Aptus etc.
Are they way overpriced for what they do with changing technology. Or what is considered pro with the most bang for your buck? Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Sony, Olympus, etc. If you opened a photography studio, what would you get? I have bought other expensive stuff and the next day cheap cameras have it and yours is obsolete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:45 pm 

It all depends on your budget. Pro's like Joe mcnally and Scott kellby use Nikon D3X'es, but that's because they also shoot sports. If all you are doing is model/portrait/product photography, the LEAF/Hasselblad/etc. systems are the way to go. Their sensor is just so much bigger, and your file will be a lot crisper.

The next question is: do you need that crispness in a 50 MP file? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 pm 

The Medium Format Camera are strictly use for the Studio shots especially used for Industrial, Special purpose & majority use for Commercial. As well MF Camera are very limited use for outdoors shots activity. Not necessary The MF camera use by the Pro like Citruspers said above Joe McNally use his D3/D3X for his works & other pro photojournalist use Canon & Nikon High end DSLR as well pro graded lens for their works. I think upgrading to Full Frame DSLR should be enough for my needs :wink: