Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:08 am 
Hi guys,

I'm going backpacking/camping in croatia in a couple of weeks time and would love to have a great camera with me. Thing is I would like to have a dslr but feel that they might be a bit heavy to carry with me all the time. Plus I might not feel comfortable leaving it in my tent or in a hostel as it might get stolen. I have had a sony dsc-t30 for a couple of years now and I have snapped some excellent photos with it, but I feel it's time to upgrade now. Should I bite the bullet and buy a dslr or upgrade to newer compact camera?

Basically what I'm looking for is a compact(ish) camera that has manual control plus auto settings and possibly take great pictures in low light. I'm mainly going to be using the camera for landscape shots, macros, buildings and also night life shots. Potentiallly maybe under water shots if the camera has an underwater casing and it can fit into my budget. Dont know if that might be asking too much but hopefully you guys can help me out.

The cameras that I have been looking at are:
Canon G11, Looks like a great camera, steep price though
DCS-HX1, I'm liking the long zoom and the panoramic sweep function
Lumix GH1, the idea of changeable lenses
Canon G10, all rounder and easy to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:47 pm 
well , i think u have a nice place to visit ...
my name is danijel and i am from croatia (rijeka)
we all have consternation for stealing ur stuff, i would lie if i say we have no thiefs here.. there is a lot of cours.. but thiefs nave no nationality..
only logical is to take your cam in a backpack and have it all the time with you, i live here and ill go to my work every day but my backpak with all my photo stuff is always there... every day.. coz you newer know the time of a special moment to make a photo
but... if you carry lot of stuff might be a lil heavy..
hell yeah... its a dilemma.. :?
ill give you a advice to visit place on croatian coast from umag to dubrovnik... in some places a very very extremely costly like dubrovnik and i know that is not special city except beautyfull old buildings
(my own judgement)... but many places r nice and convivial
ill hope you enjoy your trip , be carefull and god luck
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 am 
So any pictures from my old country?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:38 am 
Is there any backpacker hotel in Kuala Lumpur, around Pudu?How much per nite for a double room? The hotel should be around Pudu or Petalling street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 pm 
Hi Sokol13, I'll try and upload some photos soon. Keep an eye out for them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 pm 
Check out Gordon's review of the Sony Nex-3/5 if you like the idea of EVILs. According to the review and test images, the Nex is great in low-light conditions, and it's clearly very portable while still giving you the ability to change lenses (though there aren't that many options thus far). It also allows for panoramic sweeps and has easy-to-use functions and a simple interface.

- Colleen