Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:42 am 
Hello, a quick question. I imported the same pics from the same SD card into both ViewNX and Lightroom simultaneously. But the color looks noticeably more saturated in ViewNX. I know where to set the ViewNX color, but how do I change the color preference in Lightroom?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 am 
I have experienced this in Lightroom before, and you can download Raw profiles for use in Lightroom, which give the same effect as the 'presets' on your camera. You can find them Here
I never use those, as i convert my raw files with Canon's DPP, and then import them into LR as jpeg's :wink:
Hope that helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 am 
thanks, sounds like a good plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 am 

You can set the picture control in Lightroom to Vivid, it's under the develop tab, way down. Don't forget to turn off active D lighting as well, as Lightroom doesn't support that.

I loved lightroom's workflow, but I switched to Capture NX since it really does a better RAW conversion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 am 
ViewNX is displaying your photos using the colour information as you set it in the camera. Lightroom is stripping the photos of this information and replacing it with whatever setting you've applied as default for all imports.

If you want the same image you saw on your camera's LCD screen, Lightroom doesn't offer it but they seem to be working on it. They released a few beta image profiles a while back that were an improvement over the default profiles but they've still got some work to do I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 pm 
thanks, does anyone have any link to some kind of tutorial on how to properly set up color setting in Lightroom?

Also, whenever I post a photo online, wether it's flickr or some other social networks sites. My photos become brighter and the color is less saturated. I'm using Firefox as my internet browser, are there any kind of color controlling add-ons I should download?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 pm 

Hi soundtweakers,

Have you checked to make sure that the colour space is converted to sRGB before you upload to the Net?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:57 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Hi soundtweakers,

Have you checked to make sure that the colour space is converted to sRGB before you upload to the Net?

Bob.

Yes, I convert all of my photos to jpeg format with sRGB color space before uploading to the net. after a bit of research I found out flickr sharpens/brightens/add contrast to your photos when you upload them.

flickr is okay as long as I upload an acceptably exposed shot, but website like facebook totally blow my exposure to the point of losing color and contrast.