Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pentax K300D soon?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:42 pm 
I've noticed that Pentax K200Ds are out of stock in most if not all shops throughout the UK. Could this mean that a K300D is imminent?

An entry level DSLR with AA batteries and full weather sealing? Sign me up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 am 

Got my 200D in March...ish of this year and was told shops in Canada were running out of them.
Was also told they would be holding off releasing a new camera this year due to the recession...then there was the K7 in what June? :roll:
I might have waited and saved a few more deniro but I am quite happy with the 200D.

If there was to be a 300D what would you guess the differances would be PG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 am 
Pentax said that K7 is not successor of k20d, so will there be k30D? or Pentax scraps the K20D, K200d series and come up with new design and name?

but I doubt Pentax will release more camera this year, probably next year.

because Pentax already has Km/k1000 as entry level, k20d mid and k7 advance.

k200d position is between k1000 and k20d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 am 

I think the K200D is being phased out for the K20D. Honestly, the perfect upgrade for the K200D IS the K20D.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 am 
kpr wrote:
If there was to be a 300D what would you guess the differances would be PG?

What I would like:
1) Bigger and brighter view finder.
2) Faster AF.
3) Usable ISO 3200

I can pretty much adapt to any other short coming. The K20D doesn't appeal to me in the same way. The main thing that attracts me to the K200D is the use of AA batteries. This is awesome on so many levels.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Pentax will announce something later in the year? We can hope. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:15 am 

I have never known anything but AA's, my "go to guy" in the camera shop up in the city put me on to some super re-chargeables...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100652634&N=10000003+90401+524496

Sorry to have used Home Depot but first one came up in search (on dialup today :roll: )
I have a couple sets of these and a "smart charger" I can use in my vehicle (any 12V plugin) or at home.
Two charged sets of these and I don't think there is enough daylight in a day to run them down.
I don't do alot of flash shots so I can't speak for that.

That though, brings up my wish....a taller built in flash.
I constantly get the shadow in the bottom of my frame using the 18-55mm kit lens,hood on or off.
The flash is plenty strong enough for my use.
I think they could have made the actual bulb part of it slightly adjustable so one could "fix' that by just tilting it a degree or two up or more even to give a bounce flash kind of.
Can't see that being rocket science really and how handy would that be?

Faster AF and maybe a few more but not many FPS for birds in flight. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:46 pm 

kpr wrote:
I have never known anything but AA's, my "go to guy" in the camera shop up in the city put me on to some super re-chargeables...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100652634&N=10000003+90401+524496

Sorry to have used Home Depot but first one came up in search (on dialup today :roll: )
I have a couple sets of these and a "smart charger" I can use in my vehicle (any 12V plugin) or at home.
Two charged sets of these and I don't think there is enough daylight in a day to run them down.
I don't do alot of flash shots so I can't speak for that.

That though, brings up my wish....a taller built in flash.
I constantly get the shadow in the bottom of my frame using the 18-55mm kit lens,hood on or off.
The flash is plenty strong enough for my use.
I think they could have made the actual bulb part of it slightly adjustable so one could "fix' that by just tilting it a degree or two up or more even to give a bounce flash kind of.
Can't see that being rocket science really and how handy would that be?

Faster AF and maybe a few more but not many FPS for birds in flight. :wink:

Faster AF+ FPS is reserved for the upper models. Guess the best upgrade for your needs is a K-7.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 am 
I just hope that if they do come out with another model it has a more accurate live view. It's been said that the K20D doesnt have the best live view on it however Im hearing good things about the K7. Obviously, my K200D doesnt have live view but I've found myself in a few situations where it would have been an asset.

Two weeks after I bought my K200D, I returned to the same store and they told me that the K200D was going to be discontinued in Canada however, I talked to several other shops and they are still carrying it down here. Im also quite happy with the K200D however next time I will splurge on a few extra options. I seriously doubt they will come out with another model this year but I wouldnt be shocked to see a new model in the very early spring or just before christmas.