Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:43 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:

PS - my fingers were just dry and a bit roughed-up from some woodworking I'd been doing!

I noticed that they didn't seem to have the usual pristine and manicured look I have been used to seeing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Er, it's the royal 'we'!

Yep, it's just me for now, but saying 'we' is a force of habit from working on magazines.

PS - my fingers were just dry and a bit roughed-up from some woodworking I'd been doing!

Hey Gordon, I have a personal question for you and you can choose not to answer if you like, but how are things with the site going? It looks great on this end; very professional and very clean. You say you don't have any staff, do you need any help ever?

Wish you the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:47 pm 
dcresource has their review of the e620 up-- I compared it to the e420 and the e520 reviews, the noise seems to be higher, imager AF just as slow, but otherwise, its a good upgrade.

DCResource said you can do up to iso 200 in low light and iso 800 in good light with the e620, in the e420 review they said up to iso 800 in low light and iso 1600 in good light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 pm 
It says the camera allows you to fine tune metering, I wonder what that means? Maybe we can adjust the "real" values of the iso numbers? It mentions the feature is also on the e-30, so e-30 users could probably enlighten us on what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Atomic, it's going well thanks! We're serving about 3.7 million pages a month to around 875,000 readers a month, which I'm happy with for a one-man site that's 3.5 years old. I'm looking into taking on a former colleague for some compact reviews, but as always, the problem with running websites is a lack of funds to employ others until you get REALLY big!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:08 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Atomic, it's going well thanks! We're serving about 3.7 million pages a month to around 875,000 readers a month, which I'm happy with for a one-man site that's 3.5 years old. I'm looking into taking on a former colleague for some compact reviews, but as always, the problem with running websites is a lack of funds to employ others until you get REALLY big!

Keep up the great work, Gordon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm 
Hello Camera Labs Olympus Forum,

Thanks very much for all of the reviews Gordon! Being brand new to the DSLR world this site has been a tremendous help to me while researching and trying to decide on my new camera purchase. So many options! After weighing all of the pros and cons, the E-620 seemed the perfect compliment to my illustration studio where I'm mainly interested in photographing finished artwork, collecting art reference images, and harvesting unique Photoshop textures. Probably the best part of all; I was able to get the two lens kit with a very nice array of accessories [including that rather lovely 50mm macro/EX-25 combo] all for slightly less than I budgeted for the semi-pro kits I had been checking out. It should arrive next week, and I can't wait to try it out!

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for all of your helpful information, great site!

PS: Terribly sorry that I didn't realize I could help support the site by purchasing via your links prior to making my order - but will be sure to do so in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Maxlow, welcome on-board!

Don't forget you can still support us by shopping for books, CDs, movies or anything else at our affiliate stores - although obviously the biggest referral fees are for cameras and lenses!

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Affil ... ping.shtml

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9