Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: gorilla pod heads
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 pm 
I was just wondering if any one had any advice on a good valued tripod head for a gorillapod zoom. I was looking on Ebay to get somthing cheap but I wasn't sure which type or brand would work well with this particular tripod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:26 pm 
I plan to get a Velbon ball head with quick release for my SLR zoom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:46 am 
I just got the Gorillapod SLR Zoom and am looking for a head as well. What do you guys suggest? I really do not want to spend THAT much on a head but I want one that performs well on the gorillapod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 am 
I ended up going for a manfrotto 486RC2 head from ebay

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/27871/Show.html?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-TripodHeads-_-all-_-all&ovc=

Now trying to shift it again because it's way to heavy! It's worth finding something light and compact.

Will also be buying a hot shoe spirit level, since I've been finding the gorillapod difficult to position accurately.

Last edited by benjyk on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 pm 
benjyk wrote:
I ended up going for a manfrotto 486RC2 head from ebay

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/27871/Show.html?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-TripodHeads-_-all-_-all&ovc=

Now trying to shift it again because it's way to heavy! It's worth finding something light and compact.

Will also be buying a hot shoe spirit level, since I've been finding the gorillapod difficult to position accurately. [url][/url]

What do you mean you are "trying to shift it again"? Are you saying the 486RC2 is too heavy for the Gorillapod SLR-Zoom? I was thinking of buying it because of the rebate. Now I am just waiting for the Joby ballhead to be released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm 
I didn't know Joby was going to have a new ball head coming out. Do they already make tripod heads? When is the new one due?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:24 pm 
acoustic335 wrote:
I didn't know Joby was going to have a new ball head coming out. Do they already make tripod heads? When is the new one due?

This is their first ballhead.

Here is the press release from Joby: http://joby.com/press/releases/20090302/

Here is the link to B&H (they are taking preorders): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... r_the.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:33 pm 
Yes 486RC2 is too heavy in my opinion, so I'm looking to sell it on when I find something better.

I didn't know Joby were bringing out a head- looks good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:30 pm 

Hugo wrote:

What do you mean you are "trying to shift it again"?

"Trying to shift it" in this context means.. to sell it on :wink:

Canon EOS 30/33 and Pentax MX/ME Super
Rollei 35S

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:53 am 
The gorillapod SLR zoom ballhead has been released... I bought it so I might review it once I use it.