Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Olympus E-3 help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:23 pm 
Hi everyone! A few weeks ago friend of mine just baught a new Oly E-3 with 12-60mm lens! Today I've got the honor to handle it for the first time!! It's a wonderful camera with high end performance! Unfortunately one problem is hitting this beaut :( The LCD screen when you take a photo after a second it dimms out a little automatically so one can't tell how the exposure of the photo you take is coming.... its a bit frustrating knowing how much money he spent on this camera! Since I have the E-520 and knowing that the menu is pretty much the same I've checked if the LCD boost was turned on in fact it was off. but when I've turned it on it was the same!! Has any E-3 user have encountered this problem??

Please Help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm 
Hi Zazu,

I've had some issues with the lcd of my E-3 as well. It really actually became the only actual gripe I have with the camera. My best recommendation would be to look at the histogram as opposed to looking at just the image. Checking the histogram for the exposure combined with a zoom for a sharpness check has been working out well for me.

I definitely like the E-520 screen more, but I don't check the screen as hard as I used to, just look at the histogram, check for sharpness, and get back to shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm 
the LCD is light metered, there is a little gray area to the top left of the LCD, It is possible that when reviewing the image, you are accidentally putting a finger over the sensor making the image dimmer?