Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My MacBook got Problem!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:42 pm 
Right now my MacBook (2007 model) got problem. Whenever I logged in things that I've stuck with the white screen (apple logo & loading indicator) for the whole time & refuses to go to the main desktop :( I have no Idea what's wrong with it so is it the time to bring it to the Local Apple centre. Just want to know what are the causes that my laptop have a problem like that ? :?

& Right now I have to use an iPod Touch to use as an online routine to check what's going out there :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:44 pm 
Ok Adi, lets try and find the problem. Right go and turn on your laptop, and when your laptop turns on, hold down Command+V, which will boot you into Verbose Mode, which displays all the status and error messages, then watch the screen for any error messages. It will probably stop at the message with the error. Then report back and we'll see if we can help :wink:
Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm 
okay Ed I'll try that out later & thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 am 

Other things to try...

Boot holding down SHIFT key, to boot in safe mode.
Then look in your systems prefs, user accounts and see if there are any strange startup items, if there are remove them.

Boot from an install CD and run disk utilities then run a repair disk permissions on your system disk. You can also run a repair disk to make sure the drive is OK.

I find repairing disk permissions tends to be a good first port of call in fixing OS X issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:25 pm 
Problem solved! Now I finally get my MacBook Back. I asked one of the assistant to Re format the Internal HD. Luckily my HD problem are not that serious in which if it got problem need to replace the new one at an eye watering price tag. Only the downside 30% of my photo Collection are gone but I'm Okay with it.

@Ed- I'd already try to set in Verbose Mode & its description tells me something to do with HD Problem & I'l upload the screen shot in the Verbose later if you to see it

@Keystrokesuk-I tried already from your alternative method but still it refuses to go to the main desktop.

Anyway thanks fir your help & I really appreciate it. 8)