Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:15 am 
Thanks, Turkey. I just ordered on Friday and delivery is schedule for Monday :D :!: :D Rain is predicted all week so I will have to take shots from my garage :evil: Hope to be able to post some pics in the Lense forum soon.

Several users are posting in the Wildlife thread. Hope to see some of your pics as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:26 am 

Rebel702 wrote:
I just ordered on Friday and delivery is schedule for Monday :D :!: :D

Wooohooo!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:19 am 
Its the tele I will get the day I have a DSLR (end of the year maybe :x )
just worried about the weight, last outing I spent almost 12 hours in the field, gonna be though carrying a 2kg lens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 am 

Techuser,

While I haven't done 12hrs straight carrying my lens in the field I have found on lesser treks that slinging it off my shoulder on the strap and hand holding the tripod mount works well.
I have both straps on cam & lens, and I have the lens strap just a smidge shorter and it hangs just above my hip horizontally.

Start eating your Wheaties now cause once you see the results the lens will most likely stay on the camera :wink:

Post subject: Sigma 150-500 OS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 am 
After buying and returning 4 different serial numbers of this lens, I believe that I picked up a very good copy of this lens-

I previously bought one in June 08, and returned, very soft-bought another in July, and returned again.

Then bought another one in May, 09, and was better, but still returned. Finally, bought one in late May 09, and lens is sharp!!

I heard thru the rumor mill that early Sigma serial #'s of this lens (100-101), had some issues, but I have a serial # 104XXXX that is pretty sharp, even at f6.3-
Shoot at f8 or f9 at 500mm, and it still is sharp!!

Agaian, I cannot compare to a $5000 Nikon, but, until a better long lens comes around for $1000 or so, I have a keeper!!

I will try to post some pics later-

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:03 pm 

Sad but interesting observation, Kevin!
It confirms again (and again and ...) that Sigma quality control is a desaster. This also makes reviewing Sigma lenses a real pain in the proverbial. Because you never know wether the lens you are testing shows the full potential of a well adjusted lens :?
Lucky you finally acquired a good copy. Please give us some insights in how it performs!