Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:32 am 
I have owned the N2 for almost a year now and to be totally honest, I am still a beginner. My biggest problem is when I am trying to photograph landscapes, especially in tropical climates, all of my shots are hazzy.

For example, I was trying to shot a picture of megans bay from the summit on St thomas. The bay looked alright, but it looked like a hazzy fog distored my shot.

I have tried all of the set up programs, but nothing seems to help

Is there some kind of filter made for this camera that would take away that distortion or modify that distortion.

I will be in Haiti in a few weeks and I would love to take home some great shots, but my past trips were unsuccessful.

Thanks for any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Hi Fallencow78, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

It's hard to say without seeing the photo in question. Could you either shrink it (to about 500 pixels wide) and post it in this forum, or upload it to flickr so we can have a look?

It might be that high humidity or mist is confusing the autofocus system and it's coming out slightly blurred. Or maybe the haze is causing an incorrect exposure. Show us the photo and we'll try to help!

If its a focus or exposure issue, there'll be settings you can change to improve matters, but if your N2 isn't happy working under humid conditions, I'm afraid no filter will be able to help.

I'm presuming it also works fine in other locations, right?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:02 am 
hello,

Thank you for your response. I do not have a photo now to post, my question was more geared at the possibility of this camera and other accessories. Again, I am a beginner, but I would like to purchase other lenses for more long range shots and such. I just baisically need to know does this camera have a capability of attaching filters and lenses, or is there an adaptor I can purchase that would make the camera compatable with different lenses.

Basically, does the N2 have the ability to evolute beyond its stock components. If not, wht type of lens, filters and adapters would work with the camera.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Fallencow, nope, I'm afraid there's no optional lenses, attachments or adapters for the N2 - what you see is what you get.

If you're in the market for a new compact with optional lens or filter attachments, the Canon PowerShot A640 or G7 are good choices - and our reviews of them are here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/CanonA640/

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/CanonG7/

Gordon