Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Which tripod?
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:51 pm 

I'm thinking about which tripod to get and someone has recommended the Velbon Sherpa 435. I need one, which is good for traveling. I guess the www price for the 435 is acceptable but I would hate to go higher than that. What do you think?

To come:
Tripod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:16 pm 
A decent tripod is heavy for stability and so does not lend itself to easy portability. A "travel" tripod is lighter and usually much shorter and possibly a lot less stable. If you are talking about air travel then you need to keep the weight down as much as possible. Hama make a couple of light tripods so you may want to look at these as well as the Velbons.
For serious use any of the better known makes are good but very heavy and may not even fit in a suitcase. If you are talking about car use then any Manfrotto, Gitzo,Slik or giotto should be strong and heavy enough for regular usage.