Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:26 pm 
GLXLR wrote:
Seems like no one is commenting on this thread...

lol...over 3200 views and only 29 posts :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 pm 

I thought it was 12bit...im almost sure it said that.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:53 pm 
Not so many comments...so I'm gonna make my 3rd one in this topic. :)

Pentax made a 50D equivalent(with some extra options),which is incredible. And the K7 can remove the CA with in-camera editing,so amazing news,because Pentax lenses always had CA weakness.
They already have some amazing lenses like the 17-70mm F4,50-135mm F/2.8,200mm F/2.8. Now they released weather sealed kit lenses 18-55 & 50-200,so this is another great step for Pentax.

I predict some strong competition from the Sony "A800",because Sony is advancing very fast on the market,releasing 4 extremily needed lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:07 pm 
It will satisfied Pentax users looking from upgrade but can't really cause a significant migration from Canon or Nikon users (especially advanced users).

I think Pentax is going on the right track on pursuing outdoor/travel advanced photographers. This "lightweight and compact tank" will serve them well.

To get pro photographer to switch brand, Pentax will need much more
especially low light prime/zoom lenses, superior noise handling.

I'm curious how capable this camera to handle noise, but I'm pessimist that it could be better than Nikon D300 or Canon 50D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:17 pm 

I saw on Dp rev13w, some Canon 5D users are switching over to Pentax.
However (don't mean this offensively) a lot of CaNikon users are talking trash about the Pentax K-7.

And is it me or does the K-7 out feature both the D300 and 50D (in many but not all ways)?

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 am 
GLXLR wrote:
However (don't mean this offensively) a lot of CaNikon users are talking trash about the Pentax K-7.

And is it me or does the K-7 out feature both the D300 and 50D (in many but not all ways)?

can u tell me why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:34 am 

I love, love, LOVE the specs on this camera... I knew this was going to happen. I finally decided on a camera to buy and they come out with a newer, better-featured one. Happens to everyone, though, I suppose.

I came so close to buying the K20D because of it's handling, mp, and extra features, but I chose not to because I couldn't get used to the bulk and the heft of the grip. Looks like Pentax has taken care of that with the K-7. And weather-sealed kit lenses!!!! And faster continuous shooting! And a new processor! And a new AF system! Frequenty-used features accessible without delving into menus! Dedicated AF-assist lamp! GGGAHH!

*sigh* I suppose I just have to hope that they continue with this higher quality, prosumer line so that by the time I'm ready (and financially able :roll: ) to upgrade, I can get my hands something similar. The K-8? K-9? K-X? Maybe they'll start making all their lenses weather-sealed, as well. I'd love to have the sealing on my 55-300mm. :(

I want one!

*drools*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:16 am 

Enche Zein wrote:
GLXLR wrote:

can u tell me why?

They talked about the lens choices for Pentax and how they liked the pictures that Pentax cameras had (thought that was weird). Honestly, if you search up "Canon K-7" on google you might find the thread.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:19 pm 
GLXLR wrote:
Enche Zein wrote:
GLXLR wrote:

can u tell me why?

They talked about the lens choices for Pentax and how they liked the pictures that Pentax cameras had (thought that was weird). Honestly, if you search up "Canon K-7" on google you might find the thread.

I found the thread, he complained about ergonomics of 5D but we don't know the ergonomics of K-7 as well. But I'm pretty optimistic it is quite good for small-medium size hand. (I'm very happy with ergonomic of Nikon D90, and K-7 is similar, just a bit smaller).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:53 pm 
it looks like an amazing camera. i am more than satisfied with the system i already own, but i can definitely see pentax as a potential secondary system to buy into should i be able to afford it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 am 
Hello, newbie's first post here.

For me, the most interesting feature of the K-7 that I haven't yet seen discussed here is what Pentax call "Composition Adjust". This appears to use the anti shake sensor shift system as something a bit like a view camera's back shift movements (up to approx +-1mm in each axis). They suggest that it could be useful for precisly adjusting framing with the camera fixed on a tripod in live view mode, but it occurs to me that it should also allow a limited amount of perspective correction. I reckon it should allow correction for up to about 4 degrees of tilt with a 15mm lens.

As far as I know, this is the first time anything like like this has been available with anything less expensive than a medium format digital back, or not quite so expensive but still pricey tilt-shift lenses.

I'm very interested in this, along with many of the other features, but I've had my K20D for less than 6 months, so I'm not sure I can justify upgrading just yet. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, welcome on-board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:55 am 

These guys had a pre production K-7 for a week and have posted some thoughts, even if they were restricted in the images they could show.

http://www.demystifyingdigital.com/Digi ... index.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:09 am 

I'm gonna echo what Jaxwolf said being as my K200 is only 2 months old.
I think I might have held out a couple more months before purchasing.
Goes to show never believe what ya read on the net for the most part....
I read before purchasing Pentax was making no new releases this year :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am 

Kpr: This new release doesn't make your K200D a lesser camera. In fact the ability to use standard AA-batteries makes the K200D superior in some circumstances. In all fields of technology there is always something bigger and better just around the corner. If you should wait for the next camera/computer/car etc model all the time you'll never end up with making the purchase.

So you should be glad with your camera, and start investing in lenses for it knowing you'll be able to use them in the future as well when you want to upgrade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next