Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 38
Basically I'm on a budget to get a DSLR and the K200D looks just about right for me. I like the Nikon and Canon names (because they're Nikon and Canon!), but the features of the K200D seem just about right. The Nikon D90 is probably the perfect camera for me, but I just can't spend the money, so I think the K200D may just be the next best thing.

Could someone with experience with the K200D please share their opinion on how they like the camera, how image quality is, and if they would recommend it? Thanks a lot! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 1781
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
I like mine :)
Go to wildlife forum see
Duck of the day
feathered friends
Some whitetail deer
Bears

I've had this cam about a month,had a 100D prior to this one.
No complaints.

_________________
Pentax K-5
Pentax 18-55mm,Pentax 50-200mm,Sigma 17-70mm,Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma 50-500mm
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 38
How would you say it compares to it's rivals? (notably the Canon XS and the Nikon D60)

Nice shots btw. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 1781
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
I haven't used them.
Budgt wise...I'm a K200 owner. :D

_________________
Pentax K-5
Pentax 18-55mm,Pentax 50-200mm,Sigma 17-70mm,Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma 50-500mm
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 am
Posts: 21
nikon d90 is like 20% more expensive than the k200d, if ur budget allowed, you may get the d90. the d90 is surely a better camera compared to the k200d (they are not even at the same level), but i think it, the d90, is a bit too fancy for beginners. so i decide to get the k200d. i just bought one 2 weeks ago and i am very happy with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 38
vic386 wrote:
nikon d90 is like 20% more expensive than the k200d, if ur budget allowed, you may get the d90. the d90 is surely a better camera compared to the k200d (they are not even at the same level), but i think it, the d90, is a bit too fancy for beginners. so i decide to get the k200d. i just bought one 2 weeks ago and i am very happy with it.


Well, I'm not really a beginner anymore, more intermediate I'd say... I always shoot in full manual. So my biggest concern is that the K200D would be to basic and that I'd grow out of it quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:53 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Only reason why people get more expensive cameras is because of the more MP for studio work, better autofocus and faster FPS for sports and wild life, or better body for tough conditions.

THE NEW K-7 shall be coming out soon (being announced 5-21) so take a look at that.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pent ... l-pic.html

_________________
Samsung GX-10, , SA 18-55mm
Canon 5D Mark II, 40D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, EF 24-105mm L IS, EF 50mm f/1.4

www.flickr.com/glxlr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Posts: 2781
Don't forget the better viewfinder as well. After using a large view finder I just can't go back to anything smaller.

_________________
PhilipGoh.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 38
GLXLR wrote:
Only reason why people get more expensive cameras is because of the more MP for studio work, better autofocus and faster FPS for sports and wild life, or better body for tough conditions.

THE NEW K-7 shall be coming out soon (being announced 5-21) so take a look at that.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pent ... l-pic.html


Yup, I've got my eye on that K-7, if the price is right I just may end up going with that.

pgtips wrote:
Don't forget the better viewfinder as well. After using a large view finder I just can't go back to anything smaller.


Really? I had heard the XSi had a bigger viewfinder.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group