Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pentax K10D Review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:52 am 
Love the website, and the reviews are amazing! Faster and prompt than any other DSLR camera review websites I frequent.

I hope you guys will put up a review on the Pentax K10D soon. Would love to see your input on this new camera as the other reviews have been all the while informative.

Cheers,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris, welcome to the site!

We're pleased you're enjoying the reviews...

We're certainly very interested in the K10D and look forward to testing it in the very near future...

If there's anything you'd like to see more - or less - of on the site, just let us know...

Thanks,

Gordon

Post subject: Canon G7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:17 am 
Is there an upcoming review of the Canon G7?
Great site an d reviews.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:41 am 
Site Admin

Hello Cayoux, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Ah, so many Canon cameras, but so little time! If we reviewed them all, we wouldn't have time for any other manufacturer!

But if it were a choice between reviewing the A710 IS or the G7, which would you go for? This question is of course open to all readers of Cameralabs, and we'd welcome your input.

Cayoux, I'm guessing your vote goes for the G7, right?!

Gordon

Post subject: Canon G7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:43 am 
Yes, G7. Thanks for the quick answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:32 pm 

G7 is so hot right now, with very little reviews, if you do a review of it soon, you'll get a lot of attention. S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cayoux, Hi Shiva, your votes are counted! For anyone else reading this thread though who's interested in letting their preference be known on the two Canon compacts, please add your comments to the this thread:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114

Then we'll keep this one about the K10D...

Thanks,

Gordon Laing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:28 am 
Well they finally got a Pentax k10d in at the local Ted's today. It feels much more solid than the Canon 400D, the viewfinder is better and just feels like a better product.

For only $200 more I'm thinking it is the go. I'm just waiting on a good review of the sensor before I hand over my cash.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:41 am 

Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Chris, welcome to the site!

We're pleased you're enjoying the reviews...

We're certainly very interested in the K10D and look forward to testing it in the very near future...

If there's anything you'd like to see more - or less - of on the site, just let us know...

Thanks,

Gordon

just wondering how you were coming along with review of the K10?

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi Maxjj, I actually have the K10D in my hands and am testing it as we speak... watch this space!

Gordon

Post subject: Re: Pentax K10D Review
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
krzkrzkrz wrote:
Love the website, and the reviews are amazing! Faster and prompt than any other DSLR camera review websites I frequent.

I hope you guys will put up a review on the Pentax K10D soon. Would love to see your input on this new camera as the other reviews have been all the while informative.

Cheers,
Chris

I argee totally! Your reviews really stand out as ambitious, informative and well written and the videos are a very welcome suplement. It's allways nice to see the cameras "in action" rather than just seing pictures of them. Great work!

I'm on the hunt for my first DSLR camera and am therefore reading reviews like a maniac. The K10D seems to have some nice features, such as active dust removal and built-in stabilisation as well as being dust and rain-resistant. I am therefore eager to find out your opinion on this camera and to learn if these features work.
So I just wonder when (if?) you will review it?

//Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Johan, welcome to the Cameralabs forums and thanks for your kind comments!

Our K10D review has been delayed due to earlier technical issues and delivery of lenses, but as mentioned above I'm working on it right now!

Look out for the review soon...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 am 
Hello Johan.

I came within a whisker of getting the Pentax K10D but changed my mind at the last minute. (was also eagerly awaiting Gordons review :D )

What swung it for me was the range of lenses available for the Pentax, I just much prefered the Nikon lenses. It's no good spending a lot of money on a great camera if you then offset this by getting a lense of poor quality or one that doesn't suit your needs.

The Pentax K10D has some nice extras. Image Stabilisation is nice but since I'm doing Wildlife photography I would be taking more high zoom shots where in-lense IS is preferable.

The dust reduction is nice but several reviews of dust reduction systems indicate that they aren't much use - only the Olympus cameras have an effective anti-dust system.

Weather proofing the body is nice but this isn't much use if the lenses you are using aren't weather proofed. In this situation you are better off with a quality lense with better seals etc. As it was I just bought a rain hood for my DSLR - problem solved.

The main thing which swung it was just going to a shop and trying it out. The Pentax K10D was nice and felt solid but I felt the autofocus was slower than the Nikon d80 and also had trouble focusing through the shop window, while the D80 did not.

Either way though the D80 only won by a slight margin and it all depends on what you want to use your camera for.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:15 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Johan, welcome to the Cameralabs forums and thanks for your kind comments!

Our K10D review has been delayed due to earlier technical issues and delivery of lenses, but as mentioned above I'm working on it right now!

Look out for the review soon...

Gordon

Sounds great! Are we talking days-soon or weeks-soon?

Craig wrote:
Hello Johan.

I came within a whisker of getting the Pentax K10D but changed my mind at the last minute. (was also eagerly awaiting Gordons review )

What swung it for me was the range of lenses available for the Pentax, I just much prefered the Nikon lenses. It's no good spending a lot of money on a great camera if you then offset this by getting a lense of poor quality or one that doesn't suit your needs.

The Pentax K10D has some nice extras. Image Stabilisation is nice but since I'm doing Wildlife photography I would be taking more high zoom shots where in-lense IS is preferable.

The dust reduction is nice but several reviews of dust reduction systems indicate that they aren't much use - only the Olympus cameras have an effective anti-dust system.

Weather proofing the body is nice but this isn't much use if the lenses you are using aren't weather proofed. In this situation you are better off with a quality lense with better seals etc. As it was I just bought a rain hood for my DSLR - problem solved.

The main thing which swung it was just going to a shop and trying it out. The Pentax K10D was nice and felt solid but I felt the autofocus was slower than the Nikon d80 and also had trouble focusing through the shop window, while the D80 did not.

Either way though the D80 only won by a slight margin and it all depends on what you want to use your camera for.

Good luck.

Thanks!
I'm looking for a camera that is as allround as possible. I want to be able to photograph things at a multitude of ranges and under different conditions when it comes to light, etc. But mayby it is just stupid to have one system for such varriable circumstances?

I've been comparing and looking at the Pentax K10D, Canon 400D, Sony A-100 and the Nikon D80. I get the impression that most people prefer the Nikon. If you just look at the specifications I think the Pentax features stands out, but beeing a total beginner at these things I can't really value what features are important and/or actually work. It's therefore great to get opinions and information from the more experienced camera users on this forum. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 pm 
Gordon: How's the review coming along? I feel like a five-year old who keep pestering for sweets but I'm really getting impatient!