Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:40 pm 
Yes Bob, you´re right!

If anyone would like to reply on this 18-200VR "business", it should be moved to the Nikon thread.

Kind regards,

ngc94227

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 am 
Lot of thanks for giving such a great information for buying a digital camera.. After visiting your forum i get an clear idea in buying a digital camera.. Moreover I will be very glad if I came to know where I can buy a quality camera in India..

(Edited for advertising)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:36 pm 
Hey all,
Just bought a Nikon D80 - thanks to the review/comparisons. Waiting for its arrival, anxious to start shooting. Will post some results ASAP.
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 am 
GQuizzle wrote:
Hey all,
Just bought a Nikon D80 - thanks to the review/comparisons. Waiting for its arrival, anxious to start shooting. Will post some results ASAP.
Thanks!

same here.

actually, we were about to exchange our good old p&s casio exilim s6000 to other p&s. went to the shop, bought some canon ixus 960is. 12 mps, but the photos looked like sh...t. even worse than the old casio.

at this point i ran into some website showing the d60 pics, and my wife fell in love with this camera. afterwards i ran into this particular website, and, thanks to gordon, the rest is history. our d80 kit with 18-135 is on its way. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 pm 
Hi Gordon and Forum!

Thanks for your very helpfull reviews, I have read all of them. i am actually deciding which DSLR buy. Since i want to enjoy the experience to take pictures with more manual settings (my actual camera is Canon Ixus), neither MP nor liveview are my objetives. Image stabilization is important, but i dont know how usefull is in the reality and if the effects are noticeable (usually i use tripod during night pictures). I found D60 very confortable in my hands and even when Canon 1000D beat it in some aspects, i want to buy Nikon.

But the size is important because i storage a lot of pictures. Can anybody tell me how big are the files of the pictures of the D60 ?

like most of us, price is a constraint and more here in Germany...practically the difference between D60 with VR and without VR are 100 euros, and my decision is at the end between the two models of D60 or even D40...any suggestion or advise?

Thanks

Carlos Flores
Rensdburg, Germany

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 pm 
I think both the D40 and D60 are due to be replaced soon. The D40 had 6mp resolution and the D60 10mp. Take a look at these reviews:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/NikonD40/

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_D60/

Personally Don't think the D60 offers much above the D40 for the extra money apart from greater resolution but if you only want to view images on a computer screen or print no larger than A4 then stick with the D40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 am 
:) Good Night

Thank you for shared information.

Post subject: thankyou...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 am 
hi gordon thankyou for the reviews on the dslr's i end up buying mine last week. i bought my SONY ALPHA A200K+ 2GB Compact Flash for 389€ where in most shops cost about 420€.
and im very happy with the results so far. thanks to you keep up the good work and more power. grazie mille!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:39 am 
Hi a3Jon! Congratulation on your 1st Purchase on the Sony a200 & if you have doubt about photography technique & head to dslrtips.com for getting know the use of DSLR & also feel free to ask anything at Cameralabs Forum for further knowledge :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:10 pm 
Hello folks!

Hope this is the right thread to post this in. :-)

I'm not that much into photography. I'm happy with a point-and-click-kinda thing. My wife however, is more into the hobby.

She owns a Olympus OM-2 camera with a couple of lenses. She was thinking about trying a digital SLR, but hasn't decided on it yet.
We have our anniversary coming up and I started to look at several sites, talking to a few people. Mostly Canon and Nikon were recommended, but I'd like her to be able to use the "old" lenses as well and I guess I need to go for an Olympus.

After reading through the reviews, I kinda like the E-520, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to use the same telescopes or not.

According to the Olympus website, there's some sort of adapter that "should" enable me to use the old lenses, but "not to their full extent".
Does anybody know what that means?

I realize that you'll probably need more information about the lenses and whatnot - but I honestly don't know right now what else to tell you. :D

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 am 

derfinsterling wrote:
Hello folks!

Hope this is the right thread to post this in. :-)

I'm not that much into photography. I'm happy with a point-and-click-kinda thing. My wife however, is more into the hobby.

She owns a Olympus OM-2 camera with a couple of lenses. She was thinking about trying a digital SLR, but hasn't decided on it yet.
We have our anniversary coming up and I started to look at several sites, talking to a few people. Mostly Canon and Nikon were recommended, but I'd like her to be able to use the "old" lenses as well and I guess I need to go for an Olympus.

After reading through the reviews, I kinda like the E-520, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to use the same telescopes or not.

According to the Olympus website, there's some sort of adapter that "should" enable me to use the old lenses, but "not to their full extent".
Does anybody know what that means?

I realize that you'll probably need more information about the lenses and whatnot - but I honestly don't know right now what else to tell you. :D

Any help would be appreciated.

As this as a question specifically concerning Olympus, you might get more feedback in the Olympus forum here :)

To come:
Tripod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 am 
Just bought my first DSLR Friday and I have to say I'm absolutely in love. I've always had P&S cameras and purchased a Sony A300 and cant get enough of it.

It may not be a "Mega DSLR" like your D90's and so on but for what I do with it I could not be more happy.

Moving from P&S cams to the A300 the difference is night and day.

Thanks for the awesome site and reviews. I will need all of the input I can handle. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:20 am 
Hi Gordon- This is Jayanta from India. Not sure whether I'm posting this in the right place though :) I will be buying a dslr pretty soon maybe in the next 6 months or earlier. I'm currently confused between the Canon EOS 40D and Nikon D5000/D90. I guess that both Nikons have pretty identical feaures in terms on sensor size and resolution. But D5000 will suit my budget. Just wanted to know is there any difference in real life between a 12 bit A/D conversion to a 14 bit A/D as in the Canon? Both are excellent cameras with great IQ. I currently have the Canon SX10 IS which has a Digic 4 processor. Now I wanted to ask you : will it sensible and wise now(if I buy the Canon EOS 40D) to go back to a Digic 3 processor from my Digic 4 or should I stay with EXPEED which Nikon has?or does a more advanced processor doesn't really make a difference? It'd be really helpful to know your opinion on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 am 
G'day from Sydney, Gordon! Thanks hugely for your extremely detailed and explanatory comparison and Review - which convinced me to buy the Canon SX10 IS I now have.

This might sound a little odd, as the SX10 isn't a DSLR - but has many more abilities, controls and functions than the S2000HD I was so disappointed with - but your DSLR-Tips Section is giving me a lot of "education" about the "doings" of Photography.

I'm finding the Video explanations and demonstrations of the Shutter and Aperture Priority, and Manual, functions very helpful indeed. I've downloaded some, so I can study them over-and-over, without using up too much of my rather limited (and expensive) - Download Quota. I hope that's okay, as I won't use them for any other purpose other than my own studies.

More to the Topic - you've done superb Reviews of the Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, etc, Entry-Level DSLR Cameras - the direction in which I'm hopefully heading. Will you have time for a Review, or even a Summary - on the Pentax K2000 / KM?

There are reviews in other places, but not as extensive - and including direct comparisons - as yours.

As for the "10Mpix Sensor" thing - is the K2000 the only 10Mpix DSLR using CCD, not CMOS?

Many thanks again - I'm loving the SX10 - though I've only just begun to explore its ranges of abilities!

Best Regards, Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:09 am 
Hi Gordon and everyone at Cameralabs!

:)

Thank you kindly for the reviews and all the amazing info on digital SLRs.

I just purchased my first DSLR a Canon Rebel XSi (450D) and so far am loving it and learning so much more about photography as I go than I ever imagined..

This forum has allready been an invaluable resource for me.

Thank you kindly!

Cameron,
Vancouver, Canada

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next