Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's a honey bee not a bumble bee, which is kinda fatter/fuzzier looking in general. Then again there's different types all over the world so I could be very wrong.

Elsewhere: for once I actually have a strong idea for the assignment, but it is very much up to nature if it will happen this month, and if I will be there at the right time too! Even more amazingly I have a cunning backup plan...

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm 
Yeah,it's a honey bee. :D Can't tell the difference..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 pm 
antipropho wrote:
Syncharmony,very nice composition.Was the water rapid?Beacose when I try to get the same efect I always burn the image and I think the river I'm shooting is to slow...

Thank you!

I went to take this photo late in the evening since I don't have a ND filter. It was around 7 at night so the sun was close to being set, so I was able to use f/16 to get me around a 1/2s shutter speed. The water indeed was quite rapid, and something that you have to experiment a bit with between the aperture and shutter speed to get something that looks nicely blurred without being excessively so.

So, if you don't have an ND filter, try to goto a place with a quick moving stream or waterfall and shoot right around sunset or before sunrise when you have some but minimal light.

Post subject: Re: Spring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:11 am 
Razvan wrote:
Geo wrote:
Razvan: Is that a bumble bee?

Have you checked out the high resolution photo? :)
Yes,I believe that is a bumble bee. They were all over the place,gathering pollen.

why yes I did and it was absolutely amazing, what timing! Great shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 am 
Thank you,Geo. :) I can't say that about the timing,because they were flying everywhere around me & I closed in rapidly wherever they would land. I was a bit nervous too,I really don't feel great around bees and wasps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:15 pm 
Hey ravenmore, nice entry! Is that a Japanese cherry blossom?

I ask because it's supposed to be about time for "Hanami" over there, AFAIK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:28 am 
ravenmore, pictures submitted to on assignment are supposed to be taken in the month it is set ie. This months assignment April 2009 not last month March, the exif data also says that it was taken on 2nd of March 2008.
If in your post you had not stated that you... "Shot this in the parking lot of a gym on a whim about a month ago." then I would not have looked into it further, so come on play the game the same as everyone else on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 am 
I have a question; can people see my entry ok? Because Mike just sent me a message saying he can't see my photo in my entry but when I checked I can see it just fine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:21 am 
chipvista wrote:
I have a question; can people see my entry ok? Because Mike just sent me a message saying he can't see my photo in my entry but when I checked I can see it just fine?

i wanted to pm you before aswell, i can't see it either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 am 
This is very strange anybody have any suggestions about what I can do? As I'm not much of a computer guy... :P
I'm using Picasa, can that be the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:51 am 
host photos on flickr/imageshack/photobucket...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi ravenmore, bigger images are ok in other sections, but the assignment rule is 500 pixels wide please. You can include a link to a higher resolution version though.

The 500 pixel rule is quoted in the assignment rules every month!

PS - I still think your photo looks great, and again feel free to include a link to a bigger version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 am 

Mikeroch...oh my...that image is amazing...fantastic macro...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am 
chipvista wrote:
This is very strange anybody have any suggestions about what I can do? As I'm not much of a computer guy... :P
I'm using Picasa, can that be the problem?

i can see your photo just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

I can see it fine too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next